Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not appear you installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

I installed them using kext wizard several times. I delete them and reinstall still same result.

I installed them using kext wizard several times. I delete them and reinstall still same result.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hi, guys. Thank you very much for this awesome guide. I have successfully installed the El Capitano version but I faced few problems I can't get over with.
1. The battery indicator. I simply don't have it and I cant activate it in system preferences. What is the solution?
2. The trackpad. I activated all the usual gestures. When I used to use macbook I was able to drag windows holding two fingers on trackpad, now it doesn't work And I was not able to activate it.
3. I use a wifi usb dongle Asus N10 Nano, that might be the reason why the OS crashes when it tries to sleep (when I close the screen). But the OS crashes from time to time even if I don't insert the usb wifi. How can I get it work?
Thank you all)

Hi, guys. Thank you very much for this awesome guide. I have successfully installed the El Capitano version but I faced few problems I can't get over with.
1. The battery indicator. I simply don't have it and I cant activate it in system preferences. What is the solution?
2. The trackpad. I activated all the usual gestures. When I used to use macbook I was able to drag windows holding two fingers on trackpad, now it doesn't work And I was not able to activate it.
3. I use a wifi usb dongle Asus N10 Nano, that might be the reason why the OS crashes when it tries to sleep (when I close the screen). But the OS crashes from time to time even if I don't insert the usb wifi. How can I get it work?
Thank you all)

hi,

i had most of these problems, and the awesome guys (especially jhawk and rehabman) helped me out.

1, you really need to properly patch your dsdt, have a working config.plist in clover etc. if you want, you can try mine, see it it works for you (see attachments - i've removed my SMBIOS values, if you want imessage, you'll have to add those). then, you need to have ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed properly in /S/L/E.

2, the trackpad sucks balls compared to a real macbook (especially because of the slight lag), but it's quite usable if you tweak the parameters in the Info.plist. btw, dragging windows with two fingers isn't a thing on real macbooks either (that's used for scrolling), you need to use three fingers for that. afaik the current trackpad driver doesn't support that, but you can enable drag with tap and hold.

3, no idea, the os was pretty stable for me even before tweaking. one thing though: have you done a clean install (i.e. no restore everything from a time machine backup, only the home folder)? because migration assistant is capable of restoring .kexts from a prev. install, and those can really fsck up your install..

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thank you very much.
I tried you DSDT and installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext and the battery is shown now.
The pc still doesn't go to sleep well. And why do you use Macbook air SMBIOS and not the new macbook with M processor?
I used time machine backup but it was a backup from my real macbok air.

hi,

i had most of these problems, and the awesome guys (especially jhawk and rehabman) helped me out.

1, you really need to properly patch your dsdt, have a working config.plist in clover etc. if you want, you can try mine, see it it works for you (see attachments - i've removed my SMBIOS values, if you want imessage, you'll have to add those). then, you need to have ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed properly in /S/L/E.

2, the trackpad sucks balls compared to a real macbook (especially because of the slight lag), but it's quite usable if you tweak the parameters in the Info.plist. btw, dragging windows with two fingers isn't a thing on real macbooks either (that's used for scrolling), you need to use three fingers for that. afaik the current trackpad driver doesn't support that, but you can enable drag with tap and hold.

3, no idea, the os was pretty stable for me even before tweaking. one thing though: have you done a clean install (i.e. no restore everything from a time machine backup, only the home folder)? because migration assistant is capable of restoring .kexts from a prev. install, and those can really fsck up your install..

Thank you very much.I tried you DSDT and installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext and the battery is shown now.The pc still doesn't go to sleep well. And why do you use Macbook air SMBIOS and not the new macbook with M processor?I used time machine backup but it was a backup from my real macbok air.
i don't quite know, just seemed appropriate based on the dimensions of the machine. also, i haven't seen the core m macbook in clover configurator as an option. these are just cosmetic things afaik anyway.the sleep thing is a hard one to crack, maybe you need my ssdt files as well, maybe you need to generate your own. see my conversation with rehabman a few pages back in this thread..

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Here is the output requested:

MacBook:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f8294c000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
MacBook:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
MacBook:RehabMan $ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
69 0 0xffffff7f825a5000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <68 12 5 4 3>
MacBook:RehabMan $ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
Untrusted kexts are not allowed
VoodooHDA.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AsusNBFnKeys.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
ApplePS2Keyboard.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
ApplePS2Controller.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
ACPIBatteryManager.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

Attachments

• MacBook.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Here is the output requested:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

The problem is easy to see ^^^
1. this is 10.11 not 10.10
2. you have SIP enabled

Unsigned kexts cannot be loaded with SIP enabled on 10.11.

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-changes-workarounds-current-information.html

Hello,
is it possible to make a functional hackintosh installation clover without activating the CSM, if possible how can I do to inject the Intel HD5300 parameters without activating the CSM?
My install is ok, I sound my display is 3200x1200 and 8MB recognized my config.plist is changed but nothing changes, I still have that recognized 8MB ...
help:crazy:

Ok, thank you. How did you manage the imessage and icloud working?
I tried this http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#INDEX but I don't see the step by step guide which i really need)
Does anyone know which kind of integrated wifi card can we buy to insert instead the builtin?
i don't quite know, just seemed appropriate based on the dimensions of the machine. also, i haven't seen the core m macbook in clover configurator as an option. these are just cosmetic things afaik anyway.the sleep thing is a hard one to crack, maybe you need my ssdt files as well, maybe you need to generate your own. see my conversation with rehabman a few pages back in this thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back