Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
and sorry ... it was a typo ... i mentioned --> Macbook8,1 is the closest SMBIOS for this device --> your own words ... if i install this kext (i.e. kextwizard) ... do i need to change to Macbook8,1 smbios or its not necessary then?

Yes my own words, you mentioned macbookair8,1 which is what I said was incorrect.

If using the right config.plist you shouldn't have got a kernel panic unless you tried to reboot after running ssdtPRGen and before installing the kext.

The steps go as this (assuming you've already put the SSDT files etc in place provided by the main guide)

1) Copy the clover config.plist into place (usually /efi/clover)
2) Reboot (provided there's no custom ssdt.aml in patched, this should boot fine)
3) Run ssdtPRGen (the beta branch)
4) Copy the generated ssdt.aml into /efi/clover/acpi/patched *DO NOT REBOOT HERE*
5) Install DummyX86PlatformPlugin.kext
6) Now you can reboot, you should have correct power management

Last edited:
Yes my own words, you mentioned macbookair8,1 which is what I said was incorrect.

I've been very helpful, I've provided my clover config file, made the dummy kext file which patches the files you need and even provided the kext patches in the clover config file that enables graphics to work properly, then I listed step by step what steps you should take. Don't be so rude when you're wanting people to help you.

well ... nobody is rude ... it was an missunderstanding ... i said it was MY typo and YOUR own hint to use MacBook8,1 (in an earlier post i have read) ... and i said that i used that config with MacBook8,1 but with kernel panic ... i just wanted only to know:

- what exactly does this kext
- why is the script not needed anymore (or still needed?)
- why are some people using a patch io*

sorry if i offended you ... no intention ... but if experts are communicate (you and rehab) it's hard to understand it clearly

This is my config, save you some time...put into place (i removed my serial #)
Reboot
Generate SSDT (Beta branch of ssdtPRGen remember)
Move generated SSDT into place (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/) *DONT RESTART YET*
Install the dummy kext with Kext Utility or alike (dont rename)
Reboot
Check power management with Intel Power Gadget.

There are of course all the ways via command line, but these tools are the most newby friendly.

ok ... i found your right post ... but how to get a valid serial for MacBook8,1 ... as far as i know all generators are not able to do it yet? thx so far ashp9

Does everyone have fully powered USB ports with the SSDT-HACK? Mine work fine but just noticed I'm not getting full power to them.

YPCH1Wm.png

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

If using the right config.plist you shouldn't have got a kernel panic unless you tried to reboot after running ssdtPRGen and before installing the kext.

The steps go as this (assuming you've already put the SSDT files etc in place provided by the main guide)

1) Copy the clover config.plist into place (usually /efi/clover)
2) Reboot (provided there's no custom ssdt.aml in patched, this should boot fine)
3) Run ssdtPRGen (the beta branch)
4) Copy the generated ssdt.aml into /efi/clover/acpi/patched *DO NOT REBOOT HERE*
5) Install DummyX86PlatformPlugin.kext
6) Now you can reboot, you should have correct power management

ok ... you got me :D ... thx ... but how about the serial as i wrote?

ok ... you got me :D ... thx ... but how about the serial as i wrote?

That's the tricky part! Loads of digging on the web and then alternate some digits (well that's what I did anyway). I believe I've seen a config for 8,1 a few pages back with the serial number left on, swap a few digits out of that with your own and you should be good to go.

@RehabMan - I'll get those files to you this evening, thanks

That's the tricky part! Loads of digging on the web and then alternate some digits (well that's what I did anyway). I believe I've seen a config for 8,1 a few pages back with the serial number left on, swap a few digits out of that with your own and you should be good to go.

@RehabMan - I'll get those files to you this evening, thanks

Thx man! I'll gonna try this ... With my current MacBookAir6,2 config (yes, i will change to MacBook8,1) all apple-services (i.e. facetime) run ... i would love it if it will run with 8,1-config too.

I have a problem with booting Mac after installing and configuring clover on my ssd. I have the Zenbook ux305U model, and I followed the guide exactly, but i still have boot problems. This zenbook version do have a QHD+ display, but I installed the IOKit patch (i needed to install v2 of the patch, v1 didn't do anything) and still the boot hangs up.

I also had to install an extra kext (SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext).

But what did i do wrong?

I have a problem with booting Mac after installing and configuring clover on my ssd. I have the Zenbook ux305U model, and I followed the guide exactly, but i still have boot problems. This zenbook version do have a QHD+ display, but I installed the IOKit patch (i needed to install v2 of the patch, v1 didn't do anything) and still the boot hangs up.

I also had to install an extra kext (SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext).

But what did i do wrong?

Use an external monitor to troubleshoot.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Use an external monitor to troubleshoot.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"
I'v done what you said, but i couldn't get a troubleshoot because my laptop has a micro HDMI port, and i don't have a cable for that at the momment, but I'm going to buy one soon though. Then I can run that troubleshot. Thanks for helping by the way :D I really appreciate it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back