Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you forgot HFSPlus.efi.

I got that on there.

I think the problem is in the createinstallmedia method.

After I type: sudo diskutil rename "Install OS X El Capitan" install_osx

I get this back: Could not find disk for Install OS X El Capitan

Which is strange because I downloaded the 6gb OS, and it's sitting in my applications folder.

I got that on there.

I think the problem is in the createinstallmedia method.

After I type: sudo diskutil rename "Install OS X El Capitan" install_osx

I get this back: Could not find disk for Install OS X El Capitan

It means you made some sort of mistake. Use 'diskutil list' to see what you have...

It means you made some sort of mistake. Use 'diskutil list' to see what you have...

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *16.0 GB disk3
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS install_osx 15.7 GB disk3s2

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *16.0 GB disk3
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS install_osx 15.7 GB disk3s2

The partition is already renamed to 'install_osx'.

The partition is already renamed to 'install_osx'.

I have tried both 16gb and 32gb USB2 drives. Both identified as disk3 on diskutil list.

(1) GPT partition:

# repartition /dev/disk3 GPT, one partition
# EFI will be created automatically
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 1 GPT HFS+J "install_osx" R

(2)Download and run Clover Installer: - check all the options for UEFI install.

(3)Download HFSPlus.efi and copy to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

(4) Delete 10.6-10.11 kexts, leaving just ‘Other’ Copied FakeSMC.kext and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

(5) Copy new 5300…plist to /EFI/Clover/config.plist, replacing old one, rename to config.plist

(5) Createinstallmedia method

Terminal:

# copy installer image
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app" --nointeraction

sudo diskutil rename "Install OS X El Capitan" install_osx

Result:

Could not find disk for Install OS X El Capitan

# copy installer image
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app" --nointeraction

sudo diskutil rename "Install OS X El Capitan" install_osx

Result:

Could not find disk for Install OS X El Capitan

Before you run the 'diskutil rename' is where you should do the 'diskutil list'.

If createinstallmedia works correctly, install_osx is changed to "Install OS X El Capitan". In that step, we are just changing the name of the volume back to install_osx so it is less unwieldy.

Before you run the 'diskutil rename' is where you should do the 'diskutil list'.

If createinstallmedia works correctly, install_osx is changed to "Install OS X El Capitan". In that step, we are just changing the name of the volume back to install_osx so it is less unwieldy.

I think I follow all of that. My problem is the actual OS (6gb) is not copying over to the USB drive.

I think I follow all of that. My problem is the actual OS (6gb) is not copying over to the USB drive.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware are you running createinstallmedia?
What version of OS X is running on the machine that you are running createinstallmedia?

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware are you running createinstallmedia?
What version of OS X is running on the machine that you are running createinstallmedia?

So before I get to that last step, rename to make it less unwieldy, I ran diskutil list and it shows Apple_HFS install_osx , so I don't follow what's going on because I started fresh, deleting everything on the USB drive.

To answer your questions

1. App Store
2. Real Imac
3. 10.11.3

Thank you

So before I get to that last step, rename to make it less unwieldy, I ran diskutil list and it shows Apple_HFS install_osx , so I don't follow what's going on because I started fresh, deleting everything on the USB drive.

To answer your questions

1. App Store
2. Real Imac
3. 10.11.3

Thank you

What is the output that createinstallmedia provides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back