Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not suggest running ./install_downloads.sh on your real Apple computer.

If you want to prebuild the AMLs on your iMac, copy iasl to ./tools... as per post #1.

Oh god, that would explain why I got this when I tried. Should I re-install mac os on my Imac?

tag: The file “ACPIBatteryManager.kext” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0205/Release/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Debug-2015-1230/Release/ACPIDebug.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0201/Release/FakePCIID.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0201/Release/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-1230/FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-1230/HWMonitor.app to /Applications
installing RehabMan-IntelBacklight-2016-0220/Release/IntelBacklight.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-1016/Release/NullEthernet.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing SmartTouchPad_v4.4_Final_64bit.zip to /Library/Extensions
unzip: cannot find or open SmartTouchPad_v4.4_Final_64bit.zip, SmartTouchPad_v4.4_Final_64bit.zip.zip or SmartTouchPad_v4.4_Final_64bit.zip.ZIP.
tag: The file “ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
installing AsusNBFnKeys_v2.4_Final.zip to /Library/Extensions
unzip: cannot find or open AsusNBFnKeys_v2.4_Final.zip, AsusNBFnKeys_v2.4_Final.zip.zip or AsusNBFnKeys_v2.4_Final.zip.ZIP.
tag: The file “AsusNBFnKeys.kext” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
Untrusted kexts are not allowed
FakeSMC.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
ACPIDebug.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
Installing tools...
installing RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0328/MaciASL.app to /Applications
installing RehabMan-patchmatic-2016-0312/patchmatic to /usr/bin
cp: /usr/bin/patchmatic: Operation not permitted
tag: The file “patchmatic” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
installing iasl/iasl to /usr/bin
cp: /usr/bin/iasl: Operation not permitted
tag: The file “iasl” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Thank you for your help.

Oh god, that would explain why I got this when I tried. Should I re-install mac os on my Imac?

If your Mac is running 10.11 with SIP enabled, then it is likely all attempts to install these files failed.

You can check in /usr/bin, and /Library/Extensions to see...

If your Mac is running 10.11 with SIP enabled, then it is likely all attempts to install these files failed.

You can check in /usr/bin, and /Library/Extensions to see...

I have 10.11.3 and it looks like SIP is enabled with that.

When I look in /Library/Extensions I see

FakeSMC.kext, NullEthernet.kext, FakePCIID.kext and others in there....

I have 10.11.3 and it looks like SIP is enabled with that.

When I look in /Library/Extensions I see

FakeSMC.kext, NullEthernet.kext, FakePCIID.kext and others in there....

Evidently SIP allows kext installs to /L/E. The system will not load them (because of SIP)... note:

Code:
FakeSMC.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

But you should remove the hack related kexts from your Mac.

Clone or download UX305FA-DSDT-Patch from GitHub.

In this directory, the command sh download.sh will download a collection of drivers into downloads/. If you don't have iasl on your PATH, unzip it from downloads/tools/ into tools/, which is on the PATH for the Makefile.

Building AML files

For your UX305FA, you may later need a builtin Ethernet device (for the App Store, for example). If so, edit the Makefile and uncomment the USE_NULLETHERNET=1 line; then edit SSDT-RMNE.dsl to include a MAC address not in use by anyone. The MAC address of the factory WiFi card is a reasonable choice.

To build the AML files from DSL source, type make.

Here are the steps I am taking:

1. Download
UX305FA-DSDT-Patch
2. Unzip it in "Downloads folder"
3. Open Terminal and get to UX305FA-DSDT-Patch Directory
4. Type "sh download.sh" to download collection of drivers
5. Open Makefile in Textedit and delete # sign to uncomment, close
6. Open SSDT-RMNE.dsi and replace MAC address with factory wireless Mac Address, close
7. Open Terminal and go to /downloads/tools directory and unzip IASL to /Tools directory
8. Navigate to UX305.... directory and type "make"

I can't compile it for some reason, I get this result in terminal:

iasl -ve -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl
make: iasl: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/SSDT-HACK.aml] Error 1

7. Open Terminal and go to /downloads/tools directory and unzip IASL to /Tools directory
8. Navigate to UX305.... directory and type "make"

I can't compile it for some reason, I get this result in terminal:

iasl -ve -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl
make: iasl: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/SSDT-HACK.aml] Error 1

It seems to me you forgot to copy iasl from ./downloads/tools to ./tools

You could also copy it to /usr/bin. The makefile does not look for it in ./downloads/tools. Only ./tools or somewhere that is already in the path.

Patching is done as a post-install task on the target computer, not your iMac.

I would not suggest running ./install_downloads.sh on your real Apple computer.

If you want to prebuild the AMLs on your iMac, copy iasl to ./tools... as per post #1.

OK, well then why does this guide make it sound like it is done before you even begin to make the USB installer? I have not begun trying to install Mac os on the UX305.

This is the very first step (to be done on a working Mac):

Building

Downloading

Clone or download UX305FA-DSDT-Patch from GitHub.

In this directory, the command sh download.sh will download a collection of drivers into downloads/. If you don't have iasl on your PATH, unzip it from downloads/tools/ into tools/, which is on the PATH for the Makefile.

Building AML files

For your UX305FA, you may later need a builtin Ethernet device (for the App Store, for example). If so, edit the Makefile and uncomment the USE_NULLETHERNET=1 line; then edit SSDT-RMNE.dsl to include a MAC address not in use by anyone. The MAC address of the factory WiFi card is a reasonable choice.

To build the AML files from DSL source, type make.

After sh download.sh and make, you will later copy this whole directory, UX305FA-DSDT-Patch, to the destination machine.

I've looked at other guides and sh download.sh is run as post installation.

OK, well then why does this guide make it sound like it is done before you even begin to make the USB installer? I have not begun trying to install Mac os on the UX305.

It can be done either way.

I prefer to do all post-install tasks after installing. And prefer to keep the USB clean (native ACPI, etc).

It can be done either way.

I prefer to do all post-install tasks after installing. And prefer to keep the USB clean (native ACPI, etc).

Regarding OS X USB Installation.

I did it and the USB would not unmount so I shut off the computer and made it again. I followed instructions exactly, On my desktop of my Imac it shows 2 partitions: install_osx and EFI, but when I put it in the Asus and restart, there is no install_osx, it's just a bunch of Windows options. Any idea where I went wrong?

Regarding OS X USB Installation.

I did it and the USB would not unmount so I shut off the computer and made it again. I followed instructions exactly, On my desktop of my Imac it shows 2 partitions: install_osx and EFI, but when I put it in the Asus and restart, there is no install_osx, it's just a bunch of Windows options. Any idea where I went wrong?

Sounds like you forgot HFSPlus.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back