Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
For newbs, is the Yosemite install a bit easier? It looks that way from my perspective. I've learned the basic terminal stuff and progressed through the guide a bit but I am having trouble with editing the Makefile.

i found the el capitan guide more concise, though i've been in and out of the scene for the last decade

open up makefile in a texteditor of your choice and look for # USE_NULLETHERNET 1
having the # means to ignore the line when running the script, to uncomment remove the #

i found the el capitan guide more concise, though i've been in and out of the scene for the last decade

open up makefile in a texteditor of your choice and look for # USE_NULLETHERNET 1
having the # means to ignore the line when running the script, to uncomment remove the #

Thanks a lot. And then with editing SSDT-RMNE.dsl,

I changed this:

Name (MAC, Buffer() { 0x11, 0x22, 0x33, 0x44, 0x55, 0x66 })

to

Name (MAC, Buffer() { 0x**, 0x**, 0x**, 0x**, 0x**, 0x**, 0x** })

With the ** being the 12 numbers/letters I got from the Wireless card Mac Address?

Then I type "Makefile" in terminal to finish it?

Thank you, I appreciate it, but when I do that I get:

iasl -ve -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl
make: iasl: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/SSDT-HACK.aml] Error 1

Searching, I can see in other builds that I need to run sh downloads.sh or install_downloads.sh

I ran the former right off the bat when I downloaded the folder. I ran install_downloads.sh at the end. Ill try running it right after downloads.sh.

Thank you, I appreciate it, but when I do that I get:

iasl -ve -p build/SSDT-HACK.aml SSDT-HACK.dsl
make: iasl: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/SSDT-HACK.aml] Error 1

Searching, I can see in other builds that I need to run sh downloads.sh or install_downloads.sh

I ran the former right off the bat when I downloaded the folder. I ran install_downloads.sh at the end. Ill try running it right after downloads.sh.

You need to download iasl and place it in your path (such as /usr/bin).

See ACPI patching guide for download location: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

OK, I'll read that again.

I was unzipping iasl.zip from /downloads/tools into /tools but I guess that's not it.

Note that ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh will install it automatically to /usr/bin.

The Makefile does include ./tools in the path, but you would have to put iasl there manually.

Note that ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh will install it automatically to /usr/bin.

Bear with me....

of my Imac? I navigate to that bin folder and drop the iasl in?

so that my path: /Users/XXX/Downloads/UX305FA-DSDT-Patch-master includes Iasl on it?

Bear with me....

of my Imac? I navigate to that bin folder and drop the iasl in?

so that my path: /Users/XXX/Downloads/UX305FA-DSDT-Patch-master includes Iasl on it?

Patching is done as a post-install task on the target computer, not your iMac.

I would not suggest running ./install_downloads.sh on your real Apple computer.

If you want to prebuild the AMLs on your iMac, copy iasl to ./tools... as per post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back