Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ZenBook UX303LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have patched ACPI files in APCI/patched?

yes I have the DSDT and the SSDTs (SSDT.aml + SSDT-1.aml - SSDT-10.aml) in EFi/ACPI/patched. Am I supposed to have a SSDT-0.aml file?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

What am I supposed to do in the guide? I checked the steps like twenty times.

yes I have the DSDT and the SSDTs (SSDT.aml + SSDT-1.aml - SSDT-10.aml) in EFi/ACPI/patched. Am I supposed to have a SSDT-0.aml file?

Make sure you don't include dynamic tables. Make sure they are patched correctly from your own native files.

What am I supposed to do in the guide? I checked the steps like twenty times.

The guide does not recommend CsmVideoDxe, nor OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, for example.

Hi there did you get the audio (conexant cx20752/1) working with microphone and line in working ?
I manually patch applehda, try several patched appleha. Only Headphone and Speaker are working.
Only working with voodoohda but i lose hdmi audio feature.

I attached my codec info extracted from linux.
seems like linux dump is not reliable for this controller on the input part (maybe a missing audio mixer).
try several PathMap...

Thanks for someone's help.

Attachments

• Codec_dump.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 140
Hi Guys,

I managed to successfully install OS X 10.11.1 on my UX303LA (Haswell). The differences are minor and insignificant. There are a few steps which I'll try to clarify for the benefit of everyone. Most of these are generic addendum that isn't specific to the Haswell model.

1) When copying ASCPITables from Ubuntu, add the -r option to copy the dynamic folder as well

Code:
mkdir ASCPITables
sudo cp -r /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/* ASCPITables/

2) Before disassembling from iasl, remember to add dashes(-) to SSDTs. E.g SSDT1.aml becomes SSDT-1.aml.

3) Set MacIASL ACPI version to 5.1. Otherwise you probably face 90 odd compile errors

4) On SSDT-1, there might be compilation errors due to _PSS syntax errors. The error goes something along the lines of 'UNEXPECTED PARSEOP PACKAGE'. Apply [syn] Remove _PSS placeholders from RehabMan's patches and it will compile fine.

5) When downloading SmartTouchpad kext from the link given, get the version with 32_64bit, not the one with 64bit only. Somehow the latter doesn't work well with 2 finger scrolling, at the present moment when this post is made.

6) (Haswell Edition specific) You will have to modify your config.plist due to the HD4600 IGPU. Please read http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html. Do a search for HD4600.

7) DummyHDA. Somehow mic does not work. I went for VoodooHDA like some others did in this thread. Seems to be a better option except it doesn't automatically switch when sound jack is plugged in. Also, if volume is too soft on Voodoo, turn up the base by 1 notch on VoodooHDA prefpane and it should start blasting as per normal.

I still haven't figured on HDMI audio on this machine, but everything else works just fine :)

At first thanks for the great guide!
I'm trying to use the steps of this guide on my ux303LB (i5 5200U, 8GB RAM, GT940m, 256GB SSD) but when i press compile after i applied all patches (also the BrightnessKeys Code from massiliattak in this thread) in the exact order it gives me two errors:

3251, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
3302, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem? I read that disable the gt940m on this notebook led to a fully working ux303lb with yosemite but i don't know how to disable it in the DSDT/SSDT files and if this would solve my problem.
To get my DSDT/SSDT files I used F4 in Clover but i also tried Linux Ubuntu to get my DSDT/SSDT files, but both times i got this problem.
I uploaded my ASCPITables Folder, so that you can see what the problem is.
I thought this guide would fit really good for my laptop because it seems that the only big difference between the ux303la and the ux303lb is the graphic card.

I would be very thankful for your Help!

And sorry for my english.

Attachments

• ASCPITables.zip
    541.8 KB · Views: 161
At first thanks for the great guide!
I'm trying to use the steps of this guide on my ux303LB (i5 5200U, 8GB RAM, GT940m, 256GB SSD) but when i press compile after i applied all patches (also the BrightnessKeys Code from massiliattak in this thread) in the exact order it gives me two errors:

3251, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
3302, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem? I read that disable the gt940m on this notebook led to a fully working ux303lb with yosemite but i don't know how to disable it in the DSDT/SSDT files and if this would solve my problem.
To get my DSDT/SSDT files I used F4 in Clover but i also tried Linux Ubuntu to get my DSDT/SSDT files, but both times i got this problem.
I uploaded my ASCPITables Folder, so that you can see what the problem is.
I thought this guide would fit really good for my laptop because it seems that the only big difference between the ux303la and the ux303lb is the graphic card.

I would be very thankful for your Help!

And sorry for my english.

Use "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" patch.

Now i applied all patches and tried to use afterwards the "Fix_PARSEOP_ZERO error" but I couldn't apply it, so i used the second and third code which is described as more "aggressive". When i press compile i got 7 Errors and much more Warnings and so on. So i think, that this can't solve my problem.
What should i do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back