Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ZenBook UX303LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i applied all patches and tried to use afterwards the "Fix_PARSEOP_ZERO error" but I couldn't apply it, so i used the second and third code which is described as more "aggressive". When i press compile i got 7 Errors and much more Warnings and so on. So i think, that this can't solve my problem.
What should i do now?

Your problem description (7 errors) is not detailed enough. Post native files. Also, post patched file result along with screenshot of errors.

Thanks for your support Rehabman!
OK, at first here are the errors i get following the guide of mechanical:

3251, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
3302, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO

i will attach the ASCPITables Folder which give me those errors under the name "ASCPITable_MechanicalGuide".

No i will show you the errors i get using "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" with the code "#if you need something more aggressive..." (because the initial code can't be applied) : into_all all code_regex (\s+Zero){2,} removeall_matched;

I used this code after i patched all other patches in the guide in the exact order and got:

image.tiff

I will attach this folder under the name "ASCPITable_FIX_PARSEOP_ZERO"
And my native files i got using Clover with F4 and disassembled using your guide "Patching Laptop DSDT/SSDTs" are attached under the name "ASCPITables_original". Those are not patched.

Thank You again!

Attachments

• ASCPITables_FIX_PARSEOP_ZERO.zip
    542.4 KB · Views: 118
  • ASCPITables_MechanicalGuide.zip
    542.4 KB · Views: 109
  • ASCPITables_original.zip
    543.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your support Rehabman!
OK, at first here are the errors i get following the guide of mechanical:

3251, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
3302, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO

i will attach the ASCPITables Folder which give me those errors under the name "ASCPITable_MechanicalGuide".

No i will show you the errors i get using "Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" with the code "#if you need something more aggressive..." (because the initial code can't be applied) : into_all all code_regex (s+Zero){2,} removeall_matched;

I used this code after i patched all other patches in the guide in the exact order and got:

image.tiff

I will attach this folder under the name "ASCPITable_FIX_PARSEOP_ZERO"
And my native files i got using Clover with F4 and disassembled using your guide "Patching Laptop DSDT/SSDTs" are attached under the name "ASCPITables_original". Those are not patched.

Thank You again!

Start with original files (ds_files), and get each file to compile without error before applying any functional patches. After you have an error free compile, with each patch you apply, check it before continuing with more patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so when I compile the initial DSDT.dsl it shows me:

3518, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
3569, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
9329, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

So here i used now the "Fix_PARSEOP_ZERO Error" with the code: into device label PCI0 code_regex (\s+Zero){2,} removeall_matched;

and it shows me just the PARSEOP_ARG0 error.

Then i applied "Remove_DSM_Methods" and still just the PARSEOP_ZERO error. But then i applied the "Generic Fixes" patch and compiled it so it gave me these errors (no more PARSEOP_ARG0 error) :

7484, 6084, Object does not exist (DTGP)
9714, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
9714, 6116, Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)

should I go on from here with the other patches or do i need to make any changes at this point?

I tried it and applied all other patches and pressed finally compile so it gave me these errors:

2631, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^_DOS)
8528, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.B0D3.ABAR)
8529, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.B0D3.ABAR)
8531, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.B0D3.ABAR)
8531, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.B0D3.BARA)
9817, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
9817, 6116, Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)

I removed the first (^^_DOS) and the two other errors (SAT0) as described in the guide but there still remains those 4 errors (3x ABAR and 1x BARA) and don't know how to remove them.

Do i need to compile the SSDT.dsl files as well? If yes, why? It irritates me because you said: "...and get each file to compile without error before applying any functional patches."

Thanks so far!

Just to clarify: I also have the DW-1560 in my laptop

After I get this (hopefully) to work I want to make a new guide for the UX303LB based on this guide.

Okay so when I compile the initial DSDT.dsl it shows me:

3518, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
3569, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ZERO
9329, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

So here i used now the "Fix_PARSEOP_ZERO Error" with the code: into device label PCI0 code_regex (\s+Zero){2,} removeall_matched;

and it shows me just the PARSEOP_ARG0 error.

Then i applied "Remove_DSM_Methods" and still just the PARSEOP_ZERO error. But then i applied the "Generic Fixes" patch and compiled it so it gave me these errors (no more PARSEOP_ARG0 error) :

7484, 6084, Object does not exist (DTGP)
9714, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
9714, 6116, Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)

should I go on from here with the other patches or do i need to make any changes at this point?

If the patches you're applying use DTGP, you will need to apply the DTGP patch.

And looks like you missed some instructions in post #1 regarding SAT0->SATA rename.

I tried it and applied all other patches and pressed finally compile so it gave me these errors:

2631, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^_DOS)
9817, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)
9817, 6116, Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCI0.SAT0)

B0D3 was renamed to HDAU, but you missed some...

Same with SAT0->SATA.

Do i need to compile the SSDT.dsl files as well? If yes, why? It irritates me because you said: "...and get each file to compile without error before applying any functional patches."

SSDTs, balanced renames, DropOem=true, etc are covered in the ACPI patching guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

My current compiler summary still have these 4 errors:

B0D3 was renamed to HDAU, but you missed some...

How do you mean that?

My current compiler summary still have these 4 errors:

How do you mean that?

You need to change B0D3 to HDAU. You did an incomplete rename of B0D3 to HDAU.

Ok i opened now the DSDT.dsl file and renamed B0D3 to HDAU manually and now i have 0 errors.

Now i'm patching the SSDTs following the guide and at the SSDT-1.dsl i get this error:

231, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE

At this point the patch "remove_pss placeholder" helped and the error disappeared. I thought this patch would be needed in SSDT-3.dsl but this was not the case. Any idea?

At SSDT-6.dsl I could apply "Generic Fixes" and "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and got these two errors:

73, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0)
2080, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])

What should i do here?

At SSDT-9.dsl i could apply "Generic Fixes", "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" (did it manually) and got these errors:

59, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0)
65, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
66, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)
213, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])
219, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0 [Untyped])
404, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP [Untyped])
3158, 6010, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
3158, 6058, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
3164, 6010, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
3164, 6058, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
4325, 6010, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
4325, 6058, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])
5996, 6010, Internal compiler error (could not map type)
5996, 6058, Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

What should i do here?

At SSDT-11.dsl (last one) i could apply "Generic Fixes" and "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and got these two errors:

37, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0)
81, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])

Any idea?

Well, that was my try to patch the SSDT files. The current folder is attached in this post, so that you can see the problems.

Thank you so far!

Attachments

• ASCPITables_post#49.zip
    541.4 KB · Views: 105
Ok i opened now the DSDT.dsl file and renamed B0D3 to HDAU manually and now i have 0 errors.

Now i'm patching the SSDTs following the guide and at the SSDT-1.dsl i get this error:

231, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE

Just guessing based on error message: "Remove _PSS placeholders"

73, 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0)
2080, 6117, Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (\_SB.PCI0 [Untyped])

Did you use refs.txt? If so, make sure you move the External declarations that are from it to after the other externals. It is in my guide...

At SSDT-6.dsl I now used:

You need to copy and paste the first three "External" lines at the top of the massive list of lines that start with "External" to the bottom of the list. Just cut and paste. They look like "_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD" and has a comment at the end says "1 arguments" or "2 arguments". Remember - ONLY the first three.

from the guide of mechanical.

I had to use this cut/paste trick several times not only in SSDT-5 and SSDT-8, otherwise i got errors! Is that normal that i maybe have to use this trick in more SSDT files than just in SSDT-5 and SSDT-8?

Thanks so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back