Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ZenBook UX303LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly why I'm confused because when I clicked on the errors in the screenshot in post #243 they were completely different lines than what was in the original howto. Also to answer your second question you would refer to #243.

Exactly why I'm confused because when I clicked on the errors in the screenshot in post #243 they were completely different lines than what was in the original howto. Also to answer your second question you would refer to #243.

You are probably using incorrect tools. Make sure you're using the iasl and MaciASL linked from my guide.

Make sure you're using ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences.

You are probably using incorrect tools. Make sure you're using the iasl and MaciASL linked from my guide.

Make sure you're using ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences.

I most certainly clicked your links in the guide as it was the easiest way to obtain them. To confirm I went back to post #1 and clicked the link sending me to sourceforge and I downloaded version 1.4 with ACPI version 5.1 it doesn't have an option for 6.1. With that fresh start I still get the same result.

I apologize I don't mean to be so ignorant. I went to YOUR guide not the original howto in post #1 and got your version of MaciASL and I have no errors. Thanks for your patience. I assume I don't have to worry about all the warnings?

I apologize I don't mean to be so ignorant. I went to YOUR guide not the original howto in post #1 and got your version of MaciASL and I have no errors. Thanks for your patience. I assume I don't have to worry about all the warnings?

It is clear in the guide... only errors must be fixed.

Thanks again RehabMan for getting the version of MaciASL straightened out. I finished the rest of the steps and made my flash drive. However, for some reason it boots the apple logo and takes a while to load all the way. When it loads all the way the screen just goes completely black and nothing ever happens passed that. Is there a way to find out where it's failing in the background?

Thanks again RehabMan for getting the version of MaciASL straightened out. I finished the rest of the steps and made my flash drive. However, for some reason it boots the apple logo and takes a while to load all the way. When it loads all the way the screen just goes completely black and nothing ever happens passed that. Is there a way to find out where it's failing in the background?

Patched ACPI not needed to reach the installer. What exactly are you doing?

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

According to the howto I'm supposed to put the patched ACPI files in the Clover folder. Attached is the requested. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 137
According to the howto I'm supposed to put the patched ACPI files in the Clover folder. Attached is the requested. Thanks!

I recommend doing ACPI patches in post-install.

How is there an ioreg when you claim you can't boot?

Please explain exactly what you're doing (booting the installer, already installed, now patching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back