Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ZenBook UX303LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I erased my patched ACPI and still had the same result.

Lack of patched ACPI often requires completely different settings in config.plist.

Please explain exactly what you're doing (third request).

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm trying to boot the installer. I followed all the steps in the howto to patch ACPI and build the USB with the kexts that are required. I changed all the recommended settings in the BIOS. I'm trying to install on my Asus UX303L. The USB that was created by following this thread begins to boot with the apple logo but after a few minutes when the progress bar fills up the screen goes blank.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm trying to boot the installer. I followed all the steps in the howto to patch ACPI and build the USB with the kexts that are required. I changed all the recommended settings in the BIOS. I'm trying to install on my Asus UX303L. The USB that was created by following this thread begins to boot with the apple logo but after a few minutes when the progress bar fills up the screen goes blank.

I would recommend doing ACPI patches in post-install. For installation, keep ACPI clean as in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hi @ALL,
after some more work next atempt brought up my system running on harddisc - while still booting from USB.
Now there are some components not working although i brought up networl by hand (shell) with external USB to Ethernet adapter, but in system preferences no network was showing up ant all.. OK, now i managed to buy broadcom DW-1560 but still it is not installed.. How to proceed to get the DW-1560 to run ? Manually ad kexts in running OS or firts install the card ?
Thanks for any help :)

Hi @ALL,
after some more work next atempt brought up my system running on harddisc - while still booting from USB.
Now there are some components not working although i brought up networl by hand (shell) with external USB to Ethernet adapter, but in system preferences no network was showing up ant all.. OK, now i managed to buy broadcom DW-1560 but still it is not installed.. How to proceed to get the DW-1560 to run ? Manually ad kexts in running OS or firts install the card ?
Thanks for any help :)

WiFi info in FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi,

Thanks for this good guide. I used it to install Sierra on my Asus UX303UA. ALl is working well, expect Wifi, i order a DW1650... My SD card reader is not working...

Under windows 10, i don't see it into the device manager. On the Asus web site, it is a Genesys SDHC Reader. The SD card is just see as a USB drive when she's inserted... On can i make this reader working on my hackintosh ???

Best Regards

Hello, I have a similar laptop (infos in my signature),
I patched my DSDT for the FN keys, brightness level is correctly set by the FN keys, but keyboard backlight doesn't work.
I used "KeyboardBacklight_16Levels_Patch_(Haswell/Ivy)" but also tried the alternative ones linked on the first post.
Any idea why it is not working?
thanks

I successfully installed it and first boot went well. So i created the additional SSDT.aml, installed Clover, copied files over but now it won't boot properly anymore. No matter if I use Clover from hard disk or from USB it only shows the Recovery HD and if i boot "macOS from Recovery HD" i get constant "ERROR LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol->SmcReadValue failed for key 'DABB'" followed by the same Error Msg with key 'nISB'. Login screen is extremly laggy and i can't login. Any help? :(

EDIT: might FileVault 2 be the problem that I can't find the proper "Macintosh HD"?

Last edited:
I successfully installed it and first boot went well. So i created the additional SSDT.aml, installed Clover, copied files over but now it won't boot properly anymore. No matter if I use Clover from hard disk or from USB it only shows the Recovery HD and if i boot "macOS from Recovery HD" i get constant "ERROR LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol->SmcReadValue failed for key 'DABB'" followed by the same Error Msg with key 'nISB'. Login screen is extremly laggy and i can't login. Any help? :(

EDIT: might FileVault 2 be the problem that I can't find the proper "Macintosh HD"?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi guys. I've been following the thread for long time, read a lot and tried tons of times to make my laptop work as expected, but I haven't found how to fix some errors that appear even when compiling without applying any patch. Can someone give me a hand with this issue?

My computer is an Asus UX303LA-US51T (reported as UX303LAB under CPU-Z or AIDA) equipped with Intel Core i5 5200U Broadwell processor, Intel HD Graphics 5500, Intel wireless card (will replace it after getting OS X working), 3200x1800 touchscreen LED screen.

I'm getting these errors with patches or without:
7160, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
7204, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_DEVICE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

I can't figure it out how to solve the problem. Already tried different versions of IASL or ACPI specs. The files extracted with Clover are attached and the decompiled ones.

Here's the decompiled DSDT lines that give errors:

Lines 7156 to 7170:
Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized) // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
Name (SBFI, ResourceTemplate ()
{
I2cSerialBusV2 (0x0060, ControllerInitiated, 0x00061A80,
AddressingMode7Bit, "\\_SB.PCI0.I2C0",
0x00, ResourceConsumer, , Exclusive,
)
Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, )
{
0x0000001C,
}
})
Return (SBFI)
}

Lines 7204 to 7214:
Device (TPD9)
{
Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized) // _HID: Hardware ID
{
If (And (SDS0, 0x10))
{
Return ("06CB2846")
}

Return ("SYNA2393")
}

Thank you very much!! And congrats on the amazing work done here.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    557.9 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back