[Guide] Asus G750JW High Sierra 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• debug_18855.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 186
Thank you, sir.

Earlier you wrote:
My specific question is- is there somebody out there reading this capable of getting my laptop configured properly so MacOS boots up properly or do you know somebody that can? I am willing to compensate you for your time.

Then you provide ioreg here, which implies the system is booting just fine.
What is the issue?

Earlier you wrote:

Then you provide ioreg here, which implies the system is booting just fine.
What is the issue?

1) Blue-tooth is sporadic. Sometimes it works when I boot up and sometimes it doesn't.
2) I don't believe I configured the sound properly. I believe there's a better/more efficient way to configure the sound (although I currently have it working).
3) Brightness does not work even with the Brightness.app. It is at full brightness at all times which is rough at night.
4) Something is wrong with the power configuration. If the battery is in when booting I see what looks like errors in verbose mode. Removing the battery prior to bootup makes a lot of verbiage go away. Also, if the battery is in, I don't believe it's even charging (it feels hot too). In the SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist, there are errors and I believe the error at the very bottom may pertain to the power issue.
5) That brings me to SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist, it has 16 errors and I'm not sure if that is a problem or not (a concern of mine and admittedly don't understand, so maybe I don't need to be worrying about it).
6) When installing MacOS- when booting up right after you Erase the disk and continue, it doesn't finish the slider to the end. It looks like it reboots prematurely. Then upon booting again and the install starts, it looks like it crashes restarting about 1 or 2 minutes in. Then upon boot-up again, it does get through the entire install and I'm able to boot into MacOS. After I'm confident I have my Clover folder configured properly, I plan on reinstalling from scratch because I don't think it should be doing that on install.
7) This brings me to Clover. There are so many settings and I have no idea if I should be choosing one or another. My goal is to the laptop running at it's most efficient. I'm also not sure if I'm using the right kexts and DriverUEFI files although that seems like something I can figure out with trial and error.

1) Blue-tooth is sporadic. Sometimes it works when I boot up and sometimes it doesn't.

The ioreg you attached shows bluetooth working.
PR files must represent the problem scenario.
Your USB configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

2) I don't believe I configured the sound properly. I believe there's a better/more efficient way to configure the sound (although I currently have it working).

See FAQ for various audio methods:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
(you're currently using VoodooHDA.kext)

3) Brightness does not work even with the Brightness.app. It is at full brightness at all times which is rough at night.

You will need to do some research to find solutions for Nvidia brightness control.
I don't have any Nvidia hardware, therefore no reason to find/create a solution.

4) Something is wrong with the power configuration. If the battery is in when booting I see what looks like errors in verbose mode. Removing the battery prior to bootup makes a lot of verbiage go away. Also, if the battery is in, I don't believe it's even charging (it feels hot too). In the SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist, there are errors and I believe the error at the very bottom may pertain to the power issue.
5) That brings me to SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist, it has 16 errors and I'm not sure if that is a problem or not (a concern of mine and admittedly don't understand, so maybe I don't need to be worrying about it).

You will need to provide details on "what looks like errors in verbose".
I cannot begin to guess.

Part of your issue is that CPU PM and GPU PM are not implemented.
You will find guides if you search for them...
(you will need to add an ACPI identity, GFX0, for your DGPU)

6) When installing MacOS- when booting up right after you Erase the disk and continue, it doesn't finish the slider to the end. It looks like it reboots prematurely. Then upon booting again and the install starts, it looks like it crashes restarting about 1 or 2 minutes in. Then upon boot-up again, it does get through the entire install and I'm able to boot into MacOS. After I'm confident I have my Clover folder configured properly, I plan on reinstalling from scratch because I don't think it should be doing that on install.

Installer is multi-stage and involves several reboots... so nothing unusual there.

7) This brings me to Clover. There are so many settings and I have no idea if I should be choosing one or another. My goal is to the laptop running at it's most efficient. I'm also not sure if I'm using the right kexts and DriverUEFI files although that seems like something I can figure out with trial and error.

Requires reading about the various options and matching them against your problems/bugs/hardware.
Some is trial/error.
You picked challenging hardware (Nvidia only) mainly because not many people choose to hack Nvidia only laptops... so it is likely that not all the solutions have been created.

The ioreg you attached shows bluetooth working.
PR files must represent the problem scenario.
Your USB configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

See FAQ for various audio methods:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
(you're currently using VoodooHDA.kext)

You will need to do some research to find solutions for Nvidia brightness control.
I don't have any Nvidia hardware, therefore no reason to find/create a solution.

You will need to provide details on "what looks like errors in verbose".
I cannot begin to guess.

Part of your issue is that CPU PM and GPU PM are not implemented.
You will find guides if you search for them...
(you will need to add an ACPI identity, GFX0, for your DGPU)

Installer is multi-stage and involves several reboots... so nothing unusual there.

Requires reading about the various options and matching them against your problems/bugs/hardware.
Some is trial/error.
You picked challenging hardware (Nvidia only) mainly because not many people choose to hack Nvidia only laptops... so it is likely that not all the solutions have been created.

RehabMan- thank you for your insight, time, and troubles. At this point the thought doing all this work makes my head want to explode. It actually depresses me (I'm just not a programmer). I lost the whole weekend screwing around with this. Even if I were to spend weeks trying to figure this out- I have my doubts I'll even do it correctly. It would be more efficient for me to work more hours and buy a different computer. If anyone else out there is able to help, please contact me. I'm willing to help you out in exchange. Also, the Nvidia card is working fine (because it's so old it's natively supported under MacOS).

I've tried to do this process on my ASUS G750JX using clover and it doesn't seem to want to boot to the apple installation page. It's funny because a few months ago I had gotten it to that page I just didn't have a hard disk that was working(It gave a message saying something about s.m.a.r.t errors so it refused to install on that hard drive). now that I have a hard disk and trying the setup again It isn't getting to the install area. There is no problem getting to the clover install but as soon as I click install macos High Sierra it writes the usual 3 lines of codes with the list of 'pluses' and then restarts the computer. I remember last time I use the verbose(-v) flag and the '-GraphicsEnabler=yes' flag. Can anyone offer some advice.

I've tried to do this process on my ASUS G750JX using clover and it doesn't seem to want to boot to the apple installation page. It's funny because a few months ago I had gotten it to that page I just didn't have a hard disk that was working(It gave a message saying something about s.m.a.r.t errors so it refused to install on that hard drive). now that I have a hard disk and trying the setup again It isn't getting to the install area. There is no problem getting to the clover install but as soon as I click install macos High Sierra it writes the usual 3 lines of codes with the list of 'pluses' and then restarts the computer. I remember last time I use the verbose(-v) flag and the '-GraphicsEnabler=yes' flag. Can anyone offer some advice.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

RehabMan- thank you for your insight, time, and troubles. At this point the thought doing all this work makes my head want to explode. It actually depresses me (I'm just not a programmer). I lost the whole weekend screwing around with this. Even if I were to spend weeks trying to figure this out- I have my doubts I'll even do it correctly. It would be more efficient for me to work more hours and buy a different computer. If anyone else out there is able to help, please contact me. I'm willing to help you out in exchange. Also, the Nvidia card is working fine (because it's so old it's natively supported under MacOS).

Your call.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Hey RehabMan I've uploaded the clover zip but the issue is different now I managed to install high sierra on my laptop(only god knows how). It was sort of working; Keyboard wasn't really working how it should (the ctrl, command, alt/modifier keys were not really doing what they're supposed to) The Wifi is not working... Quicktime and audio i think is not working and other problems but I'm leaving that for later. My first step was to install nvidia webdrivers which got me into problems. I installed the webdrivers(when installing it gave me an error and asked whether I want to continue anyway and I continued) but when I wanted to restart my computer I can't boot back to the mac. I've tried different settings; messing with the nvda_drv=1, nv_disable=1, use webdrivers, and the csrActiveConfig options which have to be on 0x67 to even get it to boot otherwise it shows the error message boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds (Images Attached). and the other error I get is "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"(Also Attached).

What is the difference between all these thing nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, inject Nvidia, use nvidia webdrivers(this option seems to only be in the bootloader page but not in the clover configurator settings). my graphics card is a nvidia gtx 770m so I'm assuming i need to check "use nvidia web drivers", nv_disable=0 and nvda_drv=1. but I don't think this settings have ever worked it's always been me just settings random settings until it finally booted to the install macos and I just installed

Another confusion is this thing about kexts I still don't understand if they should go into the efi/clover/kexts/other folder or be installed in the system and is there a way I can know if a kext in the other folder is being used or doing something. because I can't even tell if puting a kext in the folder is doing anything.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3666.JPG
    IMG_3666.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3668.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Hey RehabMan I've uploaded the clover zip but the issue is different now I managed to install high sierra on my laptop(only god knows how). It was sort of working; Keyboard wasn't really working how it should (the ctrl, command, alt/modifier keys were not really doing what they're supposed to) The Wifi is not working... Quicktime and audio i think is not working and other problems but I'm leaving that for later. My first step was to install nvidia webdrivers which got me into problems. I installed the webdrivers(when installing it gave me an error and asked whether I want to continue anyway and I continued) but when I wanted to restart my computer I can't boot back to the mac. I've tried different settings; messing with the nvda_drv=1, nv_disable=1, use webdrivers, and the csrActiveConfig options which have to be on 0x67 to even get it to boot otherwise it shows the error message boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds (Images Attached). and the other error I get is "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"(Also Attached).

What is the difference between all these thing nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, inject Nvidia, use nvidia webdrivers(this option seems to only be in the bootloader page but not in the clover configurator settings). my graphics card is a nvidia gtx 770m so I'm assuming i need to check "use nvidia web drivers", nv_disable=0 and nvda_drv=1. but I don't think this settings have ever worked it's always been me just settings random settings until it finally booted to the install macos and I just installed

Another confusion is this thing about kexts I still don't understand if they should go into the efi/clover/kexts/other folder or be installed in the system and is there a way I can know if a kext in the other folder is being used or doing something. because I can't even tell if puting a kext in the folder is doing anything.

See guide for correct drivers64UEFI:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: Use AptioMemoryFix.efi, not OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Remove CsmVideoDxe.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back