Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G750JW High Sierra 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to learn how to configure DSDT. Attached is my ACPI folder. I would appreciate if anyone could help. Sa-ROG, I'm wondering if you're having any of these issues with 10.13.6. That's what I'm trying to install (not 10.13.5).

What is your specific question?

Thank you, RehabMan. I was able to stop the kernel panic. However, I didn’t get very far with the Sa-ROG Guide. Thankfully, I found a guide for a similar laptop - Model Asus G750JX at this link:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/printthread.php?t=39406&pp=10&page=88

The info from user pcfr33k was very good. As far as I can tell the only difference is the GPU. It’s an Nvidia 770 as opposed to the G750JW having an Nvidia 665. That helped get the install going, but I still need to iron out all the wrinkles for my model and my specific laptop. With the JX files I was able to use brightness controls which now I'm not able to because I’m no longer using his DSDT or SSDT files (nor his config.plist). My battery isn't charging either. In the JX config.plist I see he did quite a bit of work in the Devices section.

I took the last couple of days spending many hours trying to learn how to check/fix DSDT and SSDT. After following your guide, I believe my DSDT file is okay. I see 16 errors on SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist and the rest don’t show any. After all these hours, I still cannot figure out how to patch SSDT. I really want to get this right and from your guides it seems Hot Patching is the better way to go anyway. I’ve spent a great deal of time trying to understand that too, but I am at a loss. I could use your help.

I also have a question- since my DSDT file didn’t show any errors after I disassembled it with refs.txt and iasl, do I need to bother putting it in the ACPI/Patched folder? The reason I ask is because I wasn’t sure if the disassembly process with refs may correct some problems itself. The version without refs shows two errors, so I'm currently booting up with the patched DSDT. If a DSDT file isn’t needed, does it hurt to have it anyway (or does it slow down the boot process a little perhaps)?

Asus G750JW laptop info
CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Architecture: Haswell - 4th Generation Intel Core
Family: 6 (06h)
Model: 60 (3Ch)
Stepping: 3 (03h)
Frequency: 2,399,999 (Hz)
Invariant TSC? NO
GPU Model(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5
Intel HM87 Express Chipset
DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM
17.3" 16:9 FHD LED Backlight/ HD+ EWV (1920 x 1080) Non-Glare LCD Panel
2 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MMC)
HD Web Camera
Dual-band 802.11 b/g/n or 802.11 ac
10/100/1000 Base T
BT 4.0 support
DVD Optical Drive

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 198
I also have a question- since my DSDT file didn’t show any errors after I disassembled it with refs.txt and iasl, do I need to bother putting it in the ACPI/Patched folder? The reason I ask is because I wasn’t sure if the disassembly process with refs may correct some problems itself.

See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hint: The reason we patch ACPI is to make material changes, not to correct disassembly errors.

I spent many hours reading that guide and I'm a bit depressed having got so little done. I could really use some more help.

I spent many hours reading that guide and I'm a bit depressed having got so little done. I could really use some more help.

If you have specific questions, you will need to ask them.
Your questions in post #12 have been addressed.

If you have specific questions, you will need to ask them.
Your questions in post #12 have been addressed.

I'm not a programmer and this is really difficult for me. At this point I'd be willing to compensate you for your help.

I'm not a programmer and this is really difficult for me. At this point I'd be willing to compensate you for your help.

If you're expecting me to do the work for you, don't plan on it.

Okay, hopefully my profile is all set.

Not complete.
Still missing screen resolution.
Please read the FAQ carefully.

My specific question is- is there somebody out there reading this capable of getting my laptop configured properly so MacOS boots up properly or do you know somebody that can? I am willing to compensate you for your time.

You must attach PR files as per FAQ.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back