Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G750JW High Sierra 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
could you please re upload your efi folder again

Thanks for this guide. Got it installed on my laptop. But can not get the audio or the function keys to work. That’s the only thing that doesn’t work for me. Any help would be appreciated. I have this same laptop

Last edited:
Thanks for this guide. Got it installed on my laptop. But can not get the audio or the function keys to work. That’s the only thing that doesn’t work for me. Any help would be appreciated. I have this same laptop
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, you will need to clarify which "function keys" you're referring to.

[100% working] Asus G750JW High Sierra 10.13.5

View attachment 335725
INSTALL High Sierra OS X 10.13.5

Create a USB Drive with UniBeast.app
In EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others add FakeSMC.kext and

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
to recognise keyboard and touchpad during installation
If you need to use USB ports during installation, add USBInjectALL.kext
Start installation in VerboseMode (-v)
When you finish, install the last version of Clover to start-up from HDD

View attachment 335726
NVIDIA GTX 765M

Use Clover Configuration to change the system definition in SMBIOS section of config.plist
Choose iMac14,2
In Boot section add the Custom Flag nvda_drv=1

Graphic card will work natively

View attachment 335727
AUDIO ALC282

Use Kext Utility to install to S/L/E folder these kexts:
AppleHDA.kext (to recognize ALC282 audio)
HDAEnabler13.kext (to assign Layout ID=13)

View attachment 335728
KEYBOARD

Use AsusNBFnKeys.kext to recognise full Fn key functions

View attachment 335729
ETHERNET QUALCOMM ATHEROS QCA8171

Install ALXEthernet.kext to S/L/E folder using Kext Utility

View attachment 335730

CARD READER

Install AppleStorageDrivers.kext to S/L/E folder using Kext Utility

View attachment 335733
WI-FI BROADCOM BCM94352

From Os X Mavericks to Os X High Sierra I needed to change the WiFi card
In my case, I’ve used a Broadcom BCM94352 half-mini card
For correct working, I needed to install to EFI folder the kext:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Using Clover Configuration, add in config.plist these strings:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Brcm4360 Sierra fvco init</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>

<data>81F952AA00007529=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>81F952AA00006690=</data>
</dict>

Change in S/L/E folder the IO80211Family.kext with the same kext I token from Os X Yosemite Install Disk

View attachment 335732
BLUETOOTH BROADCOM BCM20702A0

Install to EFI folder these kexts:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM.kext

View attachment 335735
MONITORING HWSENSORS

Before to use HWMonitor.app
you need to install to EFI folder these kexts:
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

View attachment 335734
CUSTOMIZE

To change logo on About This Mac, simply you need to modify this file:
/Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/SystemLogo.tiff
For example:

View attachment 335931

*******************************************************************************************
FOR ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT ME.
I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU!

View attachment 335736
Sa-ROG

could you please provide us with links of kexts and clover options. i am just a noob i tried but the more i dig into it the more i get lost

Thank you, RehabMan. I was able to stop the kernel panic. However, I didn’t get very far with the Sa-ROG Guide. Thankfully, I found a guide for a similar laptop - Model Asus G750JX at this link:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/printthread.php?t=39406&pp=10&page=88

The info from user pcfr33k was very good. As far as I can tell the only difference is the GPU. It’s an Nvidia 770 as opposed to the G750JW having an Nvidia 665. That helped get the install going, but I still need to iron out all the wrinkles for my model and my specific laptop. With the JX files I was able to use brightness controls which now I'm not able to because I’m no longer using his DSDT or SSDT files (nor his config.plist). My battery isn't charging either. In the JX config.plist I see he did quite a bit of work in the Devices section.

I took the last couple of days spending many hours trying to learn how to check/fix DSDT and SSDT. After following your guide, I believe my DSDT file is okay. I see 16 errors on SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist and the rest don’t show any. After all these hours, I still cannot figure out how to patch SSDT. I really want to get this right and from your guides it seems Hot Patching is the better way to go anyway. I’ve spent a great deal of time trying to understand that too, but I am at a loss. I could use your help.

I also have a question- since my DSDT file didn’t show any errors after I disassembled it with refs.txt and iasl, do I need to bother putting it in the ACPI/Patched folder? The reason I ask is because I wasn’t sure if the disassembly process with refs may correct some problems itself. The version without refs shows two errors, so I'm currently booting up with the patched DSDT. If a DSDT file isn’t needed, does it hurt to have it anyway (or does it slow down the boot process a little perhaps)?

Asus G750JW laptop info
CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Architecture: Haswell - 4th Generation Intel Core
Family: 6 (06h)
Model: 60 (3Ch)
Stepping: 3 (03h)
Frequency: 2,399,999 (Hz)
Invariant TSC? NO
GPU Model(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5
Intel HM87 Express Chipset
DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM
17.3" 16:9 FHD LED Backlight/ HD+ EWV (1920 x 1080) Non-Glare LCD Panel
2 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MMC)
HD Web Camera
Dual-band 802.11 b/g/n or 802.11 ac
10/100/1000 Base T
BT 4.0 support
DVD Optical Drive

The Guide was updated just now for the G750JX and should work on the G750JW

Thanks for the head's up. I'm attaching the pcfr33k guide here. I'm in no way taking credit for all his work- I just wanted to post it for anyone who needed it and couldn't log in to the other website. Attached High Sierra or MacOS Mojave Files and Guides

Attachments

• High Sierra or MacOS Mojave Files and Guides.zip
    43.5 MB · Views: 394
osxfr33k - I'm guessing you're the same person pcfr33k since your username is so similar. In the uploaded config.plist the product model used was MacBookPro11,2. I had created a SMBIOS with product model iMac14,2 and I was able to get iMessage working, so I'm reluctant to change over to MacBookPro11,2 otherwise I left everything else the same in the EFI folder. Can that cause any issues? For example- my brightness controls aren't working perfectly. The keyboard brightness doesn't work at all.

osxfr33k - I'm guessing you're the same person pcfr33k since your username is so similar. In the uploaded config.plist the product model used was MacBookPro11,2. I had created a SMBIOS with product model iMac14,2 and I was able to get iMessage working, so I'm reluctant to change over to MacBookPro11,2 otherwise I left everything else the same in the EFI folder. Can that cause any issues? For example- my brightness controls aren't working perfectly. The keyboard brightness doesn't work at all.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back