Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is odd, Ive not seen that message before. Some Ubuntu based DVD's have issues with 32 bit builds and setting up 64 bit for UEFI, but the link points to a 64 bit build and has worked for many.

Maybe it is something with your specific board or bios settings ?

What bios settings should i specifically look at? sorry i'm really new to all of this

What bios settings should i specifically look at? sorry i'm really new to all of this

Look for the boot options in the bios. They usually mention Legacy, UEFI and/or Legacy & UEFI (So it would try both at boot time).

I dont have access to your particular board though.

You sir are a lifesaver. Worked for me, I had already lost hope as this was my first build. Glad I found this thread! Why is asrock so complicated >.>

They're not actually over-complicated on the whole. The issue with the UEFI is a relatively simple one and not really a show stopper. There are other ways to achieve this but hopefully the guide will work for everyone, where this issue is correctly identified.

Look for the boot options in the bios. They usually mention Legacy, UEFI and/or Legacy & UEFI (So it would try both at boot time).

I dont have access to your particular board though.

I looked through the bios but none of the options mention UEFI or Legacy or any of that. I tried a bios reset and it still doesn't work. :banghead:

Once i load the DVD and choose the 64 bit version of the linux software the screen just goes black and doesn't load the software

I looked through the bios but none of the options mention UEFI or Legacy or any of that. I tried a bios reset and it still doesn't work. :banghead:

Once i load the DVD and choose the 64 bit version of the linux software the screen just goes black and doesn't load the software

Maybe your board isn't able to boot to UEFI then. The bios section you are looking for is this (Taken from the user manual) :

Screenshot.jpg

Although the image is poor, you can see the boot selection option and also one of the items which mentions 'Legacy'.

Try to use a different distro. I have the same mob as you, I used Ubuntu live cd/dvd. All you need is to use terminal in the linux os.

Thank you so much for this guide! I followed the Linux Mint instructions and it fixed the boot issue I can now boot from the hard drive instead off the USB drive!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back