Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could try the UEFI flash drive on another computer to see if it boots there, and also go back and double check your bios settings again. If you boot with the UEFI flash drive inserted, then go to boot options in the bios, it should show up as a boot option if all is well.

Is anyone getting this error? "Warning! This MBR disk does not have a unique signature.
If this is not the first disk found by EFI, you may not be able
to boot from it without a unique signature.
Run efibootmgr with the -w flag to write a unique signature
to the disk." I don't know what to do. I first used this method on an SSD and now I'm using it on a 950 pro and while it worked the first time it won't work now. It seems to be creating the the refi boot for either the mint usb or the OS X boot usb but not my drive. What can I do? I tried efibootmgr -w but I don't know how to write a unique signature.

Is anyone getting this error? "Warning! This MBR disk does not have a unique signature.
If this is not the first disk found by EFI, you may not be able
to boot from it without a unique signature.
Run efibootmgr with the -w flag to write a unique signature
to the disk." I don't know what to do. I first used this method on an SSD and now I'm using it on a 950 pro and while it worked the first time it won't work now. It seems to be creating the the refi boot for either the mint usb or the OS X boot usb but not my drive. What can I do? I tried efibootmgr -w but I don't know how to write a unique signature.

This is suggesting that you have either created the Linux USB stick using an MBR partition style or indeed your OSX system drive. In either case, you want to be using UEFI instead unless you have a very good reason not to.

Well you could try the UEFI flash drive on another computer to see if it boots there, and also go back and double check your bios settings again. If you boot with the UEFI flash drive inserted, then go to boot options in the bios, it should show up as a boot option if all is well.

Checked the drive on my working El Capitan machine and it exhibited the same behavior when trying to boot from the UEFI USB stick. I tried redo-ing the USB stick and I got the same results. I am formatting the USB drive using ExFAT and using unetbootin to create the bootable USB with Linuxmint 17.2 64bit. Not sure where to turn now.

This is suggesting that you have either created the Linux USB stick using an MBR partition style or indeed your OSX system drive. In either case, you want to be using UEFI instead unless you have a very good reason not to.
Well I figured it out. I need to flush my old boot fixes from the system in the clover shell and then start again. Thanks nonetheless.

How in the world do I use this Unetbootin tool? Every time I try to put a bootable file on there, it says there is nothing there, and it's asking for FAT32?? Isn't that used for Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back