Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey WonkeyDonkey! I believe you are my savior but I have yet to get this working. In the step where you type in 'efibootmgr' into terminal (after you install it) I get this error:

Fatal: Couldn't open either sysfs directories for accessing EFI variables.
Try 'modprobe efivars' as root.

I am not sure what to do after looking around for possible fixes.

I AM loading in UEFI mode

edit: fixed. when i startup from asrock boot there are multiple UEFI options for my linux boot, i clicked on a different one than before. ended up working. good luck if you have this same problem.

IMG_4090.jpg

When I try to boot from the linux DVD, it says Could not open "\EFI\BOOT\fallback.efi". What could be causing this?

I have the asrock z77 extreme4, and i used the linux download that was linked in the tutorial.

I have the asrock z77 extreme4, and i used the linux download that was linked in the tutorial.

Not sure with that then unless the ISO image has not burnt properly (Unlikely though).

Did you change any settings when you got the initial Mint Lunix boot screen, the one with the options in it ?

Not sure with that then unless the ISO image has not burnt properly (Unlikely though).

Did you change any settings when you got the initial Mint Lunix boot screen, the one with the options in it ?

When i got to the boot screen i chose the first option which was the normal one for 64bit systems. The other option was compatibility mode and that didnt work either

I tried to make a new dvd, still have the same problem

I tried to make a new dvd, still have the same problem

Well that is odd, Ive not seen that message before. Some Ubuntu based DVD's have issues with 32 bit builds and setting up 64 bit for UEFI, but the link points to a 64 bit build and has worked for many.

Maybe it is something with your specific board or bios settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back