Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 – macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the wifi card today and installed it. The wifi works as expected, but cant seem to get bluetooth to work. Surprisingly enough my old card's bluetooth worked, but not my wifi.

nevermind got bluetooth to work as well. I reinstalled one of the patches and ran kext utility a final time. Now i have everything working :). Also updated to 10.12.4. Thanks everyone for all the help. I can also post a quick guide for my wifi card install with pictures if anyone is interested

Hey, my efi config is exactly the same as OP. Just follow the guide and you should be able to get the exact same output. What issues are you having specifically?
I'm trying to figure out what do you mean by OP. Could you please direct me to the right place, My laptop is working but for now not working: Bright control,multigesture on the trackpad, Apple store, wif (already replaced with recommended one). I'm not familiar with editing or patching Config.plist. every time that I try I mess the hold system.

I'm trying to figure out what do you mean by OP. Could you please direct me to the right place, My laptop is working but for now not working: Bright control,multigesture on the trackpad, Apple store, wif (already replaced with recommended one). I'm not familiar with editing or patching Config.plist. every time that I try I mess the hold system.

OP = Original Poster

For brightness control and HDMI audio you have to follow the OP's instructions and decompile your DSDT/SSDT files. Then using iASL and MacASL you apply the brightness control and audio patches. For my instance i had to apply the instant wake patches to allow the laptop to sleep/wake.

Once your DSDT and SSDT files are patched, you save the files as .aml and then copy them over to efi/clover/acpi/patched

You also have to edit your config.plist to disable oem.

You just have to read through the OP's instructions they are pretty clear. Let me know if you need further help.

I also noticed that my bluetooth will randomly stop being detected after sleep. I believe this is an issue with USB. Looking into patching my DSDT/SSDT for USB

Be sure to read the FAQ regarding Android File Transfer, Google Chrome and correct implementation of USB...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks Rehabman. I havent had a chance to dig into the bluetooth issue. Truthfully i don't exacly use BT too often on my laptop. My biggest current issue is still to do with audio. I have distortion occurring after the laptop wakes from sleep or if i boot with headphones plugged in. Any ideas? I have installed codec commander, but that doesnt really seem to help with anything.

Thanks Rehabman. I havent had a chance to dig into the bluetooth issue. Truthfully i don't exacly use BT too often on my laptop. My biggest current issue is still to do with audio. I have distortion occurring after the laptop wakes from sleep or if i boot with headphones plugged in. Any ideas? I have installed codec commander, but that doesnt really seem to help with anything.

Which audio codec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back