Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 – macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have som problems with mine :(
Anyone can help me ?

It work with -x in clover but still stuck here without.

Attachments

• P_20170320_202758.jpg
    P_20170320_202758.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
What does the following patch do?

• AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
    • Find : FF0000000100000020000000
    • Replace : 000008000400000098000000
    • Comment : Framebuffer fix FF

Thank you very much for the detailed instruction. As always I learned a lot from reading what's been posted.

I am having the Kaby Lake version of Swift3 SF314-51 with major specs listed below

■ CPU: Intel Core i5-7200
■ Graphics: Intel HD 620
■ RAM: 8G
■ SSD: 256Gb

I built the installation disk following the instruction. I replaced the config.plist with a Kaby Lake compatible one otherwise, it would not boot into the installation interface.

I was stuck at the install interface since I could not find the main SSD on the disk utility. The only choice I had was the USB device that I use for Clover.

I confirmed that the SATA100_unsupported kext was injected. I also placed HFSplus.efi in related folder. With backup, I formatted my SDD into one partition using FAT32 format. However, none of these worked and my hard drive did not show up as a choice for installing Sierra.

After so many frustrated trials, it would be appreciated if you could provide any hint on this issue.

Thank you!
Hello, my computer configuration and your configuration is the same, i5-7200u, hd620, you can send your EFI file to me? Thank you very much, [email protected]

Hello, ioreknanou,My notebook is acer sf3, configuration i5-7200u, HD620, may I according to the installation of the tutorial, you where need to modify it, thank you very much

Thanks for the awesome guide! I have a very similar laptop, but with an identical config. Will try this and report back.

So i tried the guide, and have successfully installed OS X and am able to boot. So far my sleep and audio do not work. I did not however update my bios. I will try updating my bios and report back.

So after everything i still cannot get sleep working. My laptop will sleep if i hit sleep from the apple menu, but will resume instantly.

I cannot get it to sleep if i close the lid. My shutdown also takes quite a bit of time to complete. Any idea what could be causing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back