Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 – macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like "instant wake". It is covered in the ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Rehabman it worked!!! I am almost 100% towards a fully working installation. Sleep works as expected using the GUI and from closing the lid. The last thing that doesnt work is audio. I get the "no audio devices" message in system preferences. My chipset is also a realtek, but I forgot to get the exact model/codec before installing OSX. I'll have to do some more research, but any ideas?

Rehabman it worked!!! I am almost 100% towards a fully working installation. Sleep works as expected using the GUI and from closing the lid. The last thing that doesnt work is audio. I get the "no audio devices" message in system preferences. My chipset is also a realtek, but I forgot to get the exact model/codec before installing OSX. I'll have to do some more research, but any ideas?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

So i found out that my audio device is identical to the OP's. Not sure why the guide didn't enable audio. I'm still looking into Rehabman's suggestion

I got it to work. I used the AppleHDA patcher app and it works as expected. I just have to now wait for my wifi adapter to come in before I have a fully functioning machine.

Last thing I was hoping for was multi touch gestures. Wondering if it would be possible. So far I only have 2 finger scrolling working. I have a MS certified "precision trackpad" which allowed for 3 & 4 finger gestures.

Thanks for all the help!!!

I got it to work. I used the AppleHDA patcher app and it works as expected. I just have to now wait for my wifi adapter to come in before I have a fully functioning machine.

Last thing I was hoping for was multi touch gestures. Wondering if it would be possible. So far I only have 2 finger scrolling working. I have a MS certified "precision trackpad" which allowed for 3 & 4 finger gestures.

Hi, I have the same laptop configurations, but It run with several problems, Is possible to post your EFI files ?

Which trackpad is in the laptop?

Hi, I have the same laptop configurations, but It run with several problems, Is possible to post your EFI files ?

Hey, my efi config is exactly the same as OP. Just follow the guide and you should be able to get the exact same output. What issues are you having specifically?

hi,My touchpad can not be used, what is the use of what drive you use:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back