Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just follow the guide step by step. Choose the options in Multibeast I've mentioned. The most important thing is to get Wireless working. Mostly you will use a USB Stick for this.

But I could assist via Teamviewer, if needed.

Update: I install NullEthernet, applied the DSDT Patch, removed all old interfaces, reboot, reconfigure interfaces (Ethernet first!) and got App Store Access.

Thanks guys! You are great.

@Mrreese
I have the same model.

I did so far:
Use Unibeast method but starting only with -v -x
Install mavericks
Boot from stick, start Multibeast
Choose Quickstart - Easybeast
PLUS:
Drivers - Audio - Universal - Voodoo 2.7.2 for VT2021 (no other version worked!)
Disk - TRIM - TRIM Enabler 10.9.4 (I installed Mavericks on the included 20GB SSD)

Additionally I installed:
ELAN v4 Touchpad driver
VoodooBattery
WLAN USB Stick driver (needs to be changed in feature, because needs Network Configuration Utility)
Onboard I have a model AR5BMD22 - maybe someone get this one to work. But I can live with a USB Stick too. :)

Using Chameleon Wizard I switched to MacBookAir5,2 in SMBIOS

Currently I try to find a good working DSDT configuration for PowerManagement so many reboots have been done so far. But I need to find out how it works...

Applied patches:
HD4000 low res
Brightness fix
Acer Aspire Fan control (doesn't work)

My IOReg, if someone has time to help: View attachment 103860

Use of NullCPU and VoodooBattery is breaking native power management...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Just follow the guide step by step. Choose the options in Multibeast I've mentioned. The most important thing is to get Wireless working. Mostly you will use a USB Stick for this.

Update: I install NullEthernet, applied the DSDT Patch, removed all old interfaces, reboot, reconfigure interfaces (Ethernet first!) and got App Store Access.

If you installed skype or facebook to get easier for you Can I get your address?

One of the App Store does not work?

If you installed skype or facebook to get easier for you Can I get your address?

Since it is obvious you haven't, please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter."

Is there a need to make changes in the BIOS settings?

Also do what we performed the installation. While working for water Excludes: keyboard, touchpad, WiFi. My bios BIOS version 2.x of the USB 3.0 mode and closed my effort. In addition to upload easybeast formed from multibeast but did not download anything from where to find them How to install? And most importantly, does not boot without the USB memory inserted :(

I'm with the same BIOS Version. I think I disabled xHCI for installation.

If it doesn't boot without USB stick, you didn't install Chameleon like I mentioned, it will be done using the EasyBeast option inside Multibeast.

@RehabMan:

You made my day. I removed VoodooBattery, applied the DSDT patches, placed ACPI-Battery-Driver and ACPI-Backlight in S/L/E, did a reboot and everything seems to work. Only the batterystatus is now Service Battery (I hope it's a mistake).

AND I got a new option in System Prefs for Bluethooth and it recognizes the Atheros Bluetooth device (in System Information). Is it the first step to get Wifi internal running? :) It says connectable and discoverable Yes but doesn't find any device.

I'm with the same BIOS Version. I think I disabled xHCI for installation.

If it doesn't boot without USB stick, you didn't install Chameleon like I mentioned, it will be done using the EasyBeast option inside Multibeast.

@RehabMan:

You made my day. I removed VoodooBattery, applied the DSDT patches, placed ACPI-Battery-Driver and ACPI-Backlight in S/L/E, did a reboot and everything seems to work. Only the batterystatus is now Service Battery (I hope it's a mistake).

AND I got a new option in System Prefs for Bluethooth and it recognizes the Atheros Bluetooth device (in System Information). Is it the first step to get Wifi internal running? :) It says connectable and discoverable Yes but doesn't find any device.

As you say, using multibeast I install easybeast of the options but it still does not boot without the usb memory. I am getting the following error
boot0.jpgChameleon've mentioned, but I did not understand how to do.
Today I am thinking of buying a WiFi dongle.
Keyboard and touchpad does not work how can I solve it?

In the meantime, I made the HDD installation

@RehabMan:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext estimates CycleCount by the difference between MaxCapacity and DesignCapacity. If your battery is old, this difference will be high and therefore a relatively large cycle count, which OS X will tag as a battery in need of service/replacing.

Bluetooth is unrelated to WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back