Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see NullEthernet.kext archive link https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet. It creates a file makefile?
if so, when it executes this error
line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `$ (findstring 32, $ (BITS)), 32 '
`ifeq ($ (findstring 32, $ (BITS)), 32) '

all understood, imessage works, this problem is solved, thank you very much, RehabMan!

Hi Cruchie,

I have followed your very informative guide and appreciate all your hard work.

I have a similar device to yours S3-391-53314G52add

i5-3317u processor

P/N: NX.M1FEK.001

Please could you tell me what modified bios you have used - please could you post if possible.

I am also stuck in getting my AW-NB290 to work, followed your post #84 to no avail.

If possible I know this is a bit of an ask could you add all your current amendments to the guide that you have used to get your machine the way it is now.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, I am new to the scene and would contribute if i could.

Thank you

If i buy acer with windows 8 preinstalled it will have bios 2.x installed, right? So would it be possible to have working osx on it?

Hi Cruchie,

I have followed your very informative guide and appreciate all your hard work.

I have a similar device to yours S3-391-53314G52add

i5-3317u processor

P/N: NX.M1FEK.001

Please could you tell me what modified bios you have used - please could you post if possible.

I am also stuck in getting my AW-NB290 to work, followed your post #84 to no avail.

If possible I know this is a bit of an ask could you add all your current amendments to the guide that you have used to get your machine the way it is now.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, I am new to the scene and would contribute if i could.

Thank you

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- - - Updated - - -

If i buy acer with windows 8 preinstalled it will have bios 2.x installed, right? So would it be possible to have working osx on it?

Also for you... see above ^^^.

I was able to downgrade the bios to 1.x although i don't think it was necessary because there are equivalent boot flags you can use. However, you may encounter the same issue i had with microPCI slot on the computer where its actually not a microPCI but rather a microSATA slot. The form factor is exactly the same but they are not interoperable. I ended up replacing the "daughter board" to which the SSD and WiFi components are connected to with one from a 1.x version of the S3. This allowed me to buy a compatible wifi microPCI card.

Hope this helps.

I was able to downgrade the bios to 1.x although i don't think it was necessary because there are equivalent boot flags you can use. However, you may encounter the same issue i had with microPCI slot on the computer where its actually not a microPCI but rather a microSATA slot. The form factor is exactly the same but they are not interoperable. I ended up replacing the "daughter board" to which the SSD and WiFi components are connected to with one from a 1.x version of the S3. This allowed me to buy a compatible wifi microPCI card.

Hope this helps.
Dear new jabra
Can you help me to setup?
Our devices the same hardware. My English is bad because I can not setup, making me setup my facebook or Skype helps you know what?

Dear new jabra
Can you help me to setup?
Our devices the same hardware. My English is bad because I can not setup, making me setup my facebook or Skype helps you know what?

Mrreese, I'm no expert. I'm a newbie like you. I found all the information i needed on this thread. When i had an issue i asked question here and i was able to finish. There are some really smart people watching this thread. You can do it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back