Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting no such file or directory. I know that there is an Extra directory on the Mavericks drive which is what I named my hard drive. This is starting to get frustrating.

Use 'ls -l /Volumes/whatever-you-named-it/Extra' or just 'ls -l /Volumes/whatever-you-named-it' to see what files are there.

Hey Guys its nice to get this hackintosh pretty much running. Now I just need to fix all the little things. Currently I am unable to boot without using the flags USBLegacyOff=Yes dart=0 and IGPlatform=01660003. I am using crunches dsdt and dominic714342 ssdt. On a nother note the s3 is running really loud and the battery life is sub two hours.

Hey Guys its nice to get this hackintosh pretty much running. Now I just need to fix all the little things. Currently I am unable to boot without using the flags USBLegacyOff=Yes dart=0 and IGPlatform=01660003.

Add those flags to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

USBLegacyOff and IGPlatformID are both bootloader flags, so they get their own key/value pairs:
Code:
<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>01660003</string>

And dart is a kernel flag, so it goes in Kernel Flags:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

I am using crunches dsdt and dominic714342 ssdt.

You should definitely not use a DSDT/SSDT from another computer. Patch/generate your own instead.

On a nother note the s3 is running really loud and the battery life is sub two hours.

Perhaps problem with power management, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Understanding of these processes is not good English, and how one can perform these steps :banghead:

Thanks for everything Rehabman.
I added the boot flags and everything works:):) When I have time I will make my own dsdt and ssdt. On a nother note I have the model with built in wifi:( I have a 256gb ssd laying around so I am considering cloning my hard drive to the ssd and replacing the hard drive with the ssd. Then I was going to remove the 20gb ssd and install a wifi + blue tooth pci express card in its place. Would this work? What card would you reccomend on a budget that would work with my hackintosh? Thanks!

Thanks for everything Rehabman.
I added the boot flags and everything works:):) When I have time I will make my own dsdt and ssdt. On a nother note I have the model with built in wifi:( I have a 256gb ssd laying around so I am considering cloning my hard drive to the ssd and replacing the hard drive with the ssd. Then I was going to remove the 20gb ssd and install a wifi + blue tooth pci express card in its place. Would this work? What card would you reccomend on a budget that would work with my hackintosh? Thanks!

Here's some wifi info...

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Hey Guys,
So now that finals week is coming to an end I can finally continue bugging you guys:p in hopes of completing my hackintosh. Currently I need to patch my DDST and I'm having a bit of trouble. What exactly does "Comment out the line near the bottom of patch that has 'return GPRW' and remove the // from alternative" mean? I understand what remove the // from alternative means but not what comment out the line near the bottom.

Hey Guys,
So now that finals week is coming to an end I can finally continue bugging you guys:p in hopes of completing my hackintosh. Currently I need to patch my DDST and I'm having a bit of trouble. What exactly does "Comment out the line near the bottom of patch that has 'return GPRW' and remove the // from alternative" mean? I understand what remove the // from alternative means but not what comment out the line near the bottom.

It is a substitution. One line for the other.

Thanks for everything Rehabman!
As of now I got mainly everything working. I am not pleased with the battery life though. I am getting about 3 hours with normal internet browsing. What is everyone else getting? The computer is also running a little loud. I can here the fan while doing average tasks. Thanks!

Thanks for everything Rehabman!
As of now I got mainly everything working. I am not pleased with the battery life though. I am getting about 3 hours with normal internet browsing. What is everyone else getting? The computer is also running a little loud. I can here the fan while doing average tasks. Thanks!

Maybe power management is not right... On my laptops, I'm generally getting equal or lower power usage from OS X compared to Windows... measured at the plug.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back