Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you type them in to the bootloader to verify they work... Then enter them in org.chameleon.Boot.plist to make permanent.

Thanks, Now it works :)

Hey Guys,
Im a complete hackintosh newb. I have the S3 with the i5 3317u and the 2.7 bios. I installed unibeast without anything. I had to change uefi to legacy in my bios otherwise it would not boot from my flash drive. Next I tried installing with dart=0 USBLegacyOff=Yes and I got a black screen. I fixed it with IGPlatformID=0x01660003. I made it to language select and then it froze at the install osx screen. I tried booting with -x and -v ontop of everything else and I get the same problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey Guys,
Im a complete hackintosh newb. I have the S3 with the i5 3317u and the 2.7 bios. I installed unibeast without anything. I had to change uefi to legacy in my bios otherwise it would not boot from my flash drive. Next I tried installing with dart=0 USBLegacyOff=Yes and I got a black screen. I fixed it with IGPlatformID=0x01660003. I made it to language select and then it froze at the install osx screen. I tried booting with -x and -v ontop of everything else and I get the same problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

Are you certain it froze? Maybe you did not use the "Laptop Support" option when you ran Unibeast to create your USB installer, and now there is no PS2 drivers... thus no keyboard or trackpad support.

And it should be IGPlatformID=01660003, not 0x01660003.

Thanks Rehabman,
This may sound really newby, but the problem was that the external mouse I was using was bad. I used a new mouse and everything is working. PS the IGPlatformID=01660003 I copied from the guide, but they both seem to work. Thanks

... PS the IGPlatformID=01660003 I copied from the guide, but they both seem to work. Thanks

You wrote IGPlatformID=0x01660003. Incorrect -- should be IGPlatformID=01660003 (no 0x prefix) as you write in this message above.

Hey Guys,
So I got my S3 3317u to work and I proceeded to install crunchies SDT,smbios,bootplist, and dominic714342 SSDT. Now everytime I boot up even if I use bootflags I get a kernel panic. It say"Unable to find driver for theis platform: /ACPI/........... etc Please Help

Hey Guys,
So I got my S3 3317u to work and I proceeded to install crunchies SDT,smbios,bootplist, and dominic714342 SSDT. Now everytime I boot up even if I use bootflags I get a kernel panic. It say"Unable to find driver for theis platform: /ACPI/........... etc Please Help

Usually that error is caused by having an DSDT/SSDT in /Extra that is not in the correct AML format.

Usually that error is caused by having an DSDT/SSDT in /Extra that is not in the correct AML format.
Thanks,
How do I fix this. I cant boot into it because of the kernel panick and I tried booting from my unibeast installer but I cant access the extra folder.

Thanks,
How do I fix this. I cant boot into it because of the kernel panick and I tried booting from my unibeast installer but I cant access the extra folder.

You can remove the offending file in the OS X Installer, via Terminal.

Use:
Code:
# find out where your HDD volume is mounted...
ls -l /Volumes
# remove it
rm /Volumes/name-of-volume-you-gave-when-you-formatted/Extra/offending-ssdt.aml

I keep getting no such file or directory. I know that there is an Extra directory on the Mavericks drive which is what I named my hard drive. This is starting to get frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back