Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for checking in guys

i have made my own video with a reference point you will be able to relate to better which clearly shows the problem

http://youtu.be/D_Yqo0lWUsA

note the blue and white HP logo on initial boot...when it fades out, it leaves a red ghost image -

this problem persists once in the OS when moving things around on a dark background (like in the example video of someone elses that i used in a previous post to demonstrate the problem)

aside from this, all the primary colours (particularly reds and greeens) seem over-saturated and garish and while calibration helps a little bit, its still basically an unsatisfactory image

laptopscreen.com said they would replace it but they dont have anymore of this particular monitor - they recommend this one http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/PROBOOK+4530S/?hash=905909

do you think this will be OK? it is significantly cheaper than the piece of crap that is in front of me right now. are there any other 1080p screens that would be better?

Definitely nothing like that on my AUO v4. The HP logo goes away nice and clean.

i wonder if the red ghosting could be caused by a bad cable or poorly connected cable?

likemike and rehabman...thanks for your input
i will disassemble one more time tonight or tomorrow and check the cables again (particularly at the back of the screen) and see if it improves matters
if not, it will have to be a refund/replacement from laptopscreens.com

I'm very tempted to do this, screen looks great! One thing holding me back is that so many people have broken the hinges. Is there a foolproof way to avoid breaking them or is it just a matter of force and luck?

I'm very tempted to do this, screen looks great! One thing holding me back is that so many people have broken the hinges. Is there a foolproof way to avoid breaking them or is it just a matter of force and luck?
As long as you disassemble the entire case like described on the first post you won't break the hinges. If you try replacing the screen without disassembling the case you have a chance on breaking the hinges. So do the right thing. Disassemble the computer properly before installing the screen.

PS: It's worth it.

As long as you disassemble the entire case like described on the first post you won't break the hinges. If you try replacing the screen without disassembling the case you have a chance on breaking the hinges. So do the right thing. Disassemble the computer properly before installing the screen.

PS: It's worth it.

I agree. It was difficult enough to remove them without having stuff in the way. You have to pull on them pretty hard.

I agree. It was difficult enough to remove them without having stuff in the way. You have to pull on them pretty hard.

Thanks, looks like my next hobby project then! :)

It is easy to remove the hinge covers using the right technique. I use a table knife that has a very fine end. A 0.4mm feeler gauge would do the trick. Simply push it gently into the juncture between the top of the aluminium hinge cover and the plastic bezel. This should release the top of the hinge cover from its clip behind the bezel allowing you to unhook the bottom of the clip and remove. Take your time.

Removing the bezel from the top cover is tricky too. It would be very easy to put too much force into splitting them resulting in the flimsy bezel breaking. As I said, take your time. I expect it to take at least an hour from start to finish and I have done a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back