CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A new driver update was released today, for the 970 GTX.

Check the Nvidia driver preference panel! Still no working CUDA support, but may be some more stability.

Aris

To quote myself: Rendering time in After Effects has improved significantly. Overall, much better performance so far.
But.. Still no CUDA support..

Motherboard
MSI MEG Unify Z490i
CPU
i9-10850k
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Very nice (except for the CUDA part). Going to check it out now.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
CPU
i7 4930K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There is also a new CUDA driver. Still the same issues though.

The latest Cuda-Z recognizes everything, however:

In After Effects, there's an error trying to utilize raytracing.

In Octane Render for C4D (GPU Based rendering), while my GTX 980 shows up as a selectable GPU, it deselects if I close and reopen the settings window, and regardless when trying to render it says "There is No CUDA device which is selected."

Premiere says it's utilizing GPU, but I'm not sure how to benchmark it to prove that it's working.

If I switch to my Windows drive, CUDA in Octane and AE both work without any setup necessary or errors.

So far I haven't come across anyone who actually has these working. Just a lot of people adding the cards to the adobe GPU lists or stopping as soon as their GPU shows up in these apps and saying everything works. But is there anyone out there who's actually tested them and gotten them to work to their full potential? Octane, for example, literally cannot work without CUDA running properly.

Motherboard
MSI MEG Unify Z490i
CPU
i9-10850k
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For me, I've definitely seen a framerate increase in tests such as Cinebench and Heaven. Haven't tried CUDA.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
CPU
i7 4930K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For me, I've definitely seen a framerate increase in tests such as Cinebench and Heaven. Haven't tried CUDA.

Cinebench framerate for my GTX 980 on my OSX drive is around 60fps. On the windows side it's around 90fps. I'm definitely not getting CUDA performance through OSX.

Motherboard
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS GTX 980 Strix
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Cinebench framerate for my GTX 980 on my OSX drive is around 60fps. On the windows side it's around 90fps. I'm definitely not getting CUDA performance through OSX.

Hey dude! I noticed that you have gotten Cuda to work (at least get detected by CUDA-Z) on 10.10.1 w/ a GTX 980, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so myself. I have installed the latest webdrivers and am using the latest version of CUDA-Z, yet it still does not find any Cuda cores.

inE87Dr.jpg

Been trying to figure this out for days. Any help would be appreciated :(

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4
CPU
i7 4930K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey dude! I noticed that you have gotten Cuda to work (at least get detected by CUDA-Z) on 10.10.1 w/ a GTX 980, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so myself. I have installed the latest webdrivers and am using the latest version of CUDA-Z, yet it still does not find any Cuda cores.

View attachment 118230

Been trying to figure this out for days. Any help would be appreciated :(

Heya, do you have the latest Cuda-Z? It seems like it gets updated almost daily. You need that, the latest Nvidia drivers, and the latest Cuda drivers from Nvidia. Only then does Cuda-Z work. But even once it does, it still doesn't seem like Cuda is actually doing anything, and none of the programs that use it seem to be benefiting from it.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS GTX 980 Strix
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Aah, did not realize that I needed to install separate CUDA drivers as I simply assumed the webdrivers were packaged with it.

Here is where I downloaded it: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads
Thanks man :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare BIOS F9i
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've replaced my GTX680 with Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming on my triple screen Hackintosh.
I'm using DidplayPort -> hdmi cables, and all 3 screens works like a charm.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
ASUS GTX 980 Strix
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
New CUDA update!

t7obz38.jpg