Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a new CUDA driver. Still the same issues though.

The latest Cuda-Z recognizes everything, however:

In After Effects, there's an error trying to utilize raytracing.

In Octane Render for C4D (GPU Based rendering), while my GTX 980 shows up as a selectable GPU, it deselects if I close and reopen the settings window, and regardless when trying to render it says "There is No CUDA device which is selected."

Premiere says it's utilizing GPU, but I'm not sure how to benchmark it to prove that it's working.

If I switch to my Windows drive, CUDA in Octane and AE both work without any setup necessary or errors.

So far I haven't come across anyone who actually has these working. Just a lot of people adding the cards to the adobe GPU lists or stopping as soon as their GPU shows up in these apps and saying everything works. But is there anyone out there who's actually tested them and gotten them to work to their full potential? Octane, for example, literally cannot work without CUDA running properly.

For me, I've definitely seen a framerate increase in tests such as Cinebench and Heaven. Haven't tried CUDA.

For me, I've definitely seen a framerate increase in tests such as Cinebench and Heaven. Haven't tried CUDA.

Cinebench framerate for my GTX 980 on my OSX drive is around 60fps. On the windows side it's around 90fps. I'm definitely not getting CUDA performance through OSX.

Cinebench framerate for my GTX 980 on my OSX drive is around 60fps. On the windows side it's around 90fps. I'm definitely not getting CUDA performance through OSX.

Hey dude! I noticed that you have gotten Cuda to work (at least get detected by CUDA-Z) on 10.10.1 w/ a GTX 980, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so myself. I have installed the latest webdrivers and am using the latest version of CUDA-Z, yet it still does not find any Cuda cores.

inE87Dr.jpg

Been trying to figure this out for days. Any help would be appreciated :(

Hey dude! I noticed that you have gotten Cuda to work (at least get detected by CUDA-Z) on 10.10.1 w/ a GTX 980, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so myself. I have installed the latest webdrivers and am using the latest version of CUDA-Z, yet it still does not find any Cuda cores.

View attachment 118230

Been trying to figure this out for days. Any help would be appreciated :(

Heya, do you have the latest Cuda-Z? It seems like it gets updated almost daily. You need that, the latest Nvidia drivers, and the latest Cuda drivers from Nvidia. Only then does Cuda-Z work. But even once it does, it still doesn't seem like Cuda is actually doing anything, and none of the programs that use it seem to be benefiting from it.

Aah, did not realize that I needed to install separate CUDA drivers as I simply assumed the webdrivers were packaged with it.

Here is where I downloaded it: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads
Thanks man :)

I've replaced my GTX680 with Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming on my triple screen Hackintosh.
I'm using DidplayPort -> hdmi cables, and all 3 screens works like a charm.

New CUDA update!

t7obz38.jpg

I bought and installed this card http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NT9UT3M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20 and did a clean install of Yosemite on my -UD7.

Unigine Valley for Win7 = file:///Users/epan/Desktop/Unigine_Valley_Benchmark_1.0_20141221_1158.html

Unigine Valley for Yosemite = file:///Users/epan/Desktop/Unigine_Valley_Benchmark_1.0_20141221_1455.html

difference is probably due to Direct3D11 vs openGL.

Unigine Valley for Win10 + 1080P display:
[h=1]Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0[/h]
FPS: 114.0
Score: 4769
Min FPS: 5.5
Max FPS: 207.5

[h=2]System[/h]
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3498MHz) x6
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 9.18.13.4411 (4095MB) x1

[h=2]Settings[/h]
Render: Direct3D11