Contribute
Register

GTX 960 on Sierra giving problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this.

Ok I can confirm this everything is working fine. In first try it didn't work but then I did following:

1. Deleted entire EFI partition content, reinstalled clover.
2. Copied your config.plist
3. Disabled the internal graphics.
4. Used HDMI cable

and voilla! Thanks buddy you made my day or should I say night.

Note: There were some glitches on the login screen wallpaper. But I changed the wallpaper and that problem is also gone.

I see you have done 2 changes in config. CsrActiveConfig and SMBIOS trust. Can you explain these as well?

I see you have done 2 changes in config. CsrActiveConfig and SMBIOS trust. Can you explain these as well?

Better to have fully disable SIP by using 0x67 instead of 0x3 having CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3 can cause issues when booting hangs at OsxAptioFixDrv or OsxAptioFixDrv2 doesn't make sense to partially disable it. SMBIOS Trust/True should always be set to True not False.

Hey,

My problems is identical to the issue you described in your first post. I've followed all of the steps in this thread, but to no success.

When you say you disabled Internal Graphics, I'm assuming you did so via the bios?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Please find my config file attached

Attachments

• config2.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 236
Hey,

My problems is identical to the issue you described in your first post. I've followed all of the steps in this thread, but to no success.

When you say you disabled Internal Graphics, I'm assuming you did so via the bios?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Please find my config file attached

Config looks fine. Disabling onboard iGPU is done in the BIOS.

Thanks for the response. I've got the GPU disabled but no sign of anything working still. Don't suppose you're aware of any other approaches? I may simply have to start over

Thanks for the response. I've got the GPU disabled but no sign of anything working still. Don't suppose you're aware of any other approaches? I may simply have to start over

Are you booting with nv_disable=1? Do you get video output when disabling nvidia drivers?

Yeah. I can get onto the desktop if I use that flag, but obviously without the required drivers being active.

Yeah. I can get onto the desktop if I use that flag, but obviously without the required drivers being active.

Boot to the desktop with nv_disable=1 and attach Clover folder from EFI removing Themes ZIP attach.

Thanks for the assistance. Please find the zip attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back