i7 4770
Graphics
gtx 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have two partitions in my hard disk. one is running el capitan and in another partition I installed Sierra fresh installation. everything is working fine except GTX 960 in Sierra.

I am using clover latest with iMac14,2 smbios. enabled NvidiaWeb true in config.plist. removed nvda_drv=1. I am using the latest nvidia web driver 367.15.10.05f01

If I connect DVI-VGA adapter the system goes in reboot loop and if I use the HDMI cable it gets stuck at a black screen while everything is working fine in ElCapitan with both cables.

spent whole day figuring it out with no luck. any help?

Hi

I have two partitions in my hard disk. one is running el capitan and in another partition I installed Sierra fresh installation. everything is working fine except GTX 960 in Sierra.

I am using clover latest with iMac14,2 smbios. enabled NvidiaWeb true in config.plist. removed nvda_drv=1. I am using the latest nvidia web driver 367.15.10.05f01

If I connect DVI-VGA adapter the system goes in reboot loop and if I use the HDMI cable it gets stuck at a black screen while everything is working fine in ElCapitan with both cables.

spent whole day figuring it out with no luck. any help?

VGA/VGA adaptors are known to cause problems. Use DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort.

VGA/VGA adaptors are known to cause problems. Use DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort.

As I mentioned if I boot with HDMI cable it shows black screen. I don't have DisplayPort in my monitor.

As I mentioned if I boot with HDMI cable it shows black screen. I don't have DisplayPort in my monitor.

Boot with nv_disable=1. Attach config.plist.

Boot with nv_disable=1. Attach config.plist.

nv_disable=1 boots the system but without the graphic support. shows graphic card as nvidia chip model with 5 MB ram. the mobo graphic is showing as Intel HD4600 though. I have also tried disabling the integrated graphics as well from bios with no luck.

nv_disable=1 boots the system but without the graphic support. shows graphic card as nvidia chip model with 5 MB ram. the mobo graphic is showing as Intel HD4600 though. I have also tried disabling the integrated graphics as well from bios with no luck.

No config can't say much without it. Better to disable onboard iGPU when having dedicated Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back