2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,
I have an Ivy Bridge hackintosh fully up and working with a Radeon 6870 1GB, which has sort of been letting the team down in terms of my rig. Specs Below. I was considering now I have the money in my hand on splashing out on a 4GB GTX 770, Specifically the Gainward Phantom card. I was wondering if just like the normal GTX 770s it would be plug and play, or like some previous 680s, I would need to do other kext tweaks in order to enable the full 4GB of VRAM and OpenCL.
I thought I would ask here before purchasing, apologies if put in the wrong subthread.

Hey did you find out if the gtx 770 works with 4GB?
It will work fine with OS X, it should work natively, unlike how the older cards used to be with ram over 3GB.

It will work fine with OS X, it should work natively, unlike how the older cards used to be with ram over 3GB.

Are you Sure? Because it is still not mentioned in the building list. Only GTX 770 2GB.
And the 780's do have issues.

I have this card, works perfectly.
soon I'll post my hackintosh.

Attachments

• Captur.jpg
    Captur.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 1,959
Hello,

please help.

GTX 779 with 4GB.

It always startet to freeze the system.

So i took the Freeze App for GTX cards.

With the freeze app, the systems sometime "hangs". Has stops ...

Can somebody help me?

Z87 Gigabyte Board
32GB RAM
Core i7
GTX 770 4GB

thank you

also have this problem, i star and after 15 minutes i have freezes, just after 3 rebot is work perfectly all day, but if sleep when restart refreezes after 15 minutes. in 2 cases the GPU ( GTX 770) and CPU COLER ( Corsair Watercooling 120) starts with cooler in maximum speed, I updated the bios to F6A beta:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/GA-X79-UP4+(rev.+1.0)+BIOS+Update
but did not solve the problem.

ga x79 mp4
32GB RAM
Core i7
GTX 770 4GB

It will work fine with OS X, it should work natively

@Nathan991 So what this people below do wrong?

also have this problem, i star and after 15 minutes i have freezes,
ga x79 mp4
32GB RAM
Core i7
GTX 770 4GB

GTX 770 with 4GB. It always startet to freeze the system.
Z87 Gigabyte Board
32GB RAM
Core i7
GTX 770 4GB

@valvator @macgaga
I'm about to purchase the same card for a socket 2011 build. I 've read quite some success story with the card, so or they are not mentioning all the freezes, or you guys did something different/ wrong?

Do you know for sure it's the card? You both have a different socket/ board, so only thing that you might have the same is the memory. But probably it's just something like graphic enabler = no .
Did you try a clean install? Search on different places/ online / ask moderators / and post the solution here (in your same post where you mention the problem) once you have it! Good luck!

hey,

i changed all components

only not this:

CPU
WIFI Card
Tower Corsair

all besides that changed all. SSD, fresh install and and.
My alternative GPU was R9 280x. but this is also not compatible so i gone back to GTX770.

And i have endless threads found in this forum about GTX770 and Nvidia freezes. But also about MAverrick

I wonder maybe OS X Mountain Lion would be a solution?

mine works perfectly all day without freezing, they only happen if I let sleep after starting starts to freeze, but if you restart back to normal and everything works perfectly.
I made several hackintoch with mbo asus and never had problems even with mavericks, I think the problem comes from mbo bios or my Boot plist.

The problem was the graphics card.

upgrade to f2 not work for me because my garphics card is the gtx 770 4gb, f2 is not Compactivel to 700 serie or 4gb.
the first 2 times to star the graphic freezes, at the third works perfectly throughout the day...

I tested with windows is the same thing,

or is a hardware incompatibility or my graphics is damaged, seems to have to heat and only then it works well.

I'll try with a gtx 770 2gb,may solve the problem, and not so much difference.

thanks for the tips

- - - Updated - - -

The problem was the graphics card.

upgrade to f2 not work for me because my garphics card is the gtx 770 4gb, f2 is not Compactivel to 700 serie or 4gb.
the first 2 times to star the graphic freezes, at the third works perfectly throughout the day...

I tested with windows is the same thing,

or is a hardware incompatibility or my graphics is damaged, seems to have to heat and only then it works well.

I'll try with a gtx 770 2gb,may solve the problem, and not so much difference.

thanks for the tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back