Contribute
Register

GTX 770 4GB Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine works perfectly all

mine works perfectly all day without freezing, they only happen if I let sleep after starting starts to freeze, but if you restart back to normal and everything works perfectly.
I made several hackintoch with mbo asus and never had problems even with mavericks, I think the problem comes from mbo bios or my Boot plist.

The problem was the graphics card.

@valvator

1. First it's perfect.
2. Then it's perfect but it freezes when goes into sleep. (For me that is far from perfect)
3. Now you write, the problem is the GTX 770 or (OR BIOS settings)

I'm really curious how the GTX 770 2 GB will do! Please let us know

i changed all components....
You changed everything, but not the GTX 770. So same story: It IS the GTX 770 4GB OR BIOS settings

So what other cards are suitable for CS6 ? The new GTX 780, already was reported not to work (only older models).
That leaves me.....:crazy:.....buying a mac...?

I'm trying to solve the problem, I tried several bios settings already installed this nvidia web driver but as it is a beta version has a problem with cuda, but solved the sleep problem, now it's just the start, I need to get 3 starts working well, maybe the psu? is a Corsair 750 Watt Modular, I do not know...

the GTX 770 2gb arrives tuesday, then I will make a comment.

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2014-02-9, às 12.30.52.jpg
    Captura de ecrã 2014-02-9, às 12.30.52.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 643
@valvator
It's good to read that the sleep/ freeze issue is solved with the new NVidea driver.
I've read CUDA doesn't work yet, but they will hopefully update the driver/ CUDA soon.
I don't know what you mean with "3 starts"
I need to get 3 starts working well, maybe the psu?.....

... but perhaps that (start) problem is not GTX 770 related... anyway I look forward to read your comment on tuesday, when you try the GTX 770 2GB.

i look forward ... GTX770 4GB the problem? hmmm

Can somebody suggest a super fast card with 3 or 4GB ? whoch is good and no Problem?

Maybe 6xx series? But these had fermi crashes ... so what i do?

SOLVED:thumbup:

GTX 770 4GB and GTX 770 2GB works perfectly with mavericks,
I had a cable from the cpu coller placed in the wrong place, there was my problem.
solved,
I tested the two graphics and I chose the GTX 770 2gb
(EVGA Nvidia GeForceGTX 770 Superclocked 2GB)to have better performances compared with GTX 770 4GB (Gainward PCX GTX770 Phantom 4GB),a minimum difference.
the graphics is recognized by the osx, no need to instal a web driver.
you must install cuda driver:http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html
and works perfect even with sleep and restar.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.38.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.38.00.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 717
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.42.23.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.42.23.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 479
  • teste.jpg
    teste.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 913
SOLVED:thumbup:

GTX 770 4GB and GTX 770 2GB works perfectly with mavericks,
I had a cable from the cpu coller placed in the wrong place, there was my problem.
solved,
I tested the two graphics and I chose the GTX 770 2gb EVGA Nvidia GeForceGTX 770 Superclocked 2GB to have better performances

Congratulations! That's great news!
Though very strange that the 4gb has same results as 2gb. Can you clarify on this, how did you test this? Perhaps that software didn't use the extra 2gb ? premiere or at least after effect should benefit a lot of the 2gb extra

Please keep us posted if there is news or if you run into issues

Hello,
I tested the two graphics gtx 770 SC 2gb and 4gb with Geekbench and Cinebench,
2gb had small better perfeormances.maybe a 2gb is overclock and a 4gb not.
also tested with Cinema 4d and After Effects cc, the 2 graphics has the same result, because what makes the difference is not the memory but the number of CUDA cores,
they have exactly the same Cuda cores (1536)

after testing several days work perfectly.

thanks to everyone for the tips

Hello,
I tested the two graphics gtx 770 SC 2gb and 4gb with Geekbench and Cinebench,
2gb had small better perfeormances.maybe a 2gb is overclock and a 4gb not.
also tested with Cinema 4d and After Effects cc, the 2 graphics has the same result, because what makes the difference is not the memory but the number of CUDA cores,
they have exactly the same Cuda cores (1536) after testing several days work perfectly.

@Valvator, Great news, thanks!
I will purchase the 2GB or 4GB for mainly CS6 (PR/ AE) (and some colorcorrection,etc)
so your experience is, that the 4GB has NO benefits for my purposes.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back