Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I have a GTX 680 installed and i have also downloaded vmware fusion.
I don't know if anyone has any experience with vmware fusion but I can't get any games to work properly with my graphics card. It shows up as VMware SVGA 3D.
The only options I have for graphics are Accelerate 3D graphics (on or off) mine is set to on, use full resolution for retina display, and automaticaly adjust user interface size in Windows. both are checked. For add device, there are serial port, parallel port. I don't know how to configure those. I can't find a way to configure the graphics like in vmware workstation on windows or any other virtual machines.

Thanks for any replies :D

I should also note, I installed the original drivers as well.
The CUDA driver and GTX 680 driver for 10.9.4. I tried before and after and games still don't work correctly.

Yes, its windows 8.1. I don't think i can play games through vmware without huge issues and lag.
I know that parallels can play with directx but even then it is quite slow, even on a low powered game. I know the graphics can be maxed out in a regular windows environment but I dont think its going to work here.

Edit:
I installed Windows 8 on a new SSD. Dual booting and using vmware for "boot camp" drive.
No need for games on vmware anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back