Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEG recently rolled together all the different graphicsfixup kexts into a single kexts. That being said, someone posted that they were getting the black screen bug on a 660.

I can no longer easily test this card since i have replaced my 660 with a HD 5770 that was lying around.

Are the drivers for 5770 included in the OS or do you need to download from the AMD site?

I recently installed High Sierra but experienced the same problem what other had, tried few different things but still had glitches ect., shame as I was looking forward to trying out mac on spare pc.

I had the same configurations I've posted in #513. It seems the glitches are really minor right now, not sure what to trigger them to test it anymore. I've tried even rendering somethin in Final Cut Pro and they're gone, not sure if forever or what.
I did some benchmarks using OpenGL Extensions Viewer, usually was sufficient to trigger the glitches but it doesn't trigger anymore. Tell me some tests I can do to trigger so I can be sure.

Also, in #513 I said about youtube and gaming? Uh.. it stopped happening. o_O Tell me something to do so I can try it, not sure what I did, I can upload my EFI folder somewhere for further knowledge.

Attachments

• cube-compat.png
    cube-compat.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 149
  • cube-core.png
    cube-core.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 148
I had the same configurations I've posted in #513. It seems the glitches are really minor right now, not sure what to trigger them to test it anymore. I've tried even rendering somethin in Final Cut Pro and they're gone, not sure if forever or what.
I did some benchmarks using OpenGL Extensions Viewer, usually was sufficient to trigger the glitches but it doesn't trigger anymore. Tell me some tests I can do to trigger so I can be sure.

Also, in #513 I said about youtube and gaming? Uh.. it stopped happening. o_O Tell me something to do so I can try it, not sure what I did, I can upload my EFI folder somewhere for further knowledge.

Wow, that's great to hear. For how long have you been glitch-free? :p

Please keep us updated, I am still stuck with Sierra here :)

Wow, that's great to hear. For how long have you been glitch-free? :p

Please keep us updated, I am still stuck with Sierra here :)

Since my last post, I've rebooted to fix my usb3 and now I'm doing my average usage as desktop, but soon I'll go sleep and let safari opened full screen, this used to be enough to start glitches some weeks ago. It's about 3 hours of uptime without any glitch, and I had opened a game fullscreen a couple of times just to be sure.

Are the drivers for 5770 included in the OS or do you need to download from the AMD site?

yeah it's included up until high sierra (but not mojave)
You technically dont even need whatevergreen but i use it anyways.

for me, it started when i tried playing a vlc full screen, open photos app and view some photos, etc. Anything that was somewhat graphically intense

for me, it started when i tried playing a vlc full screen, open photos app and view some photos, etc. Anything that was somewhat graphically intense

Let me point what I've tested so far:

Retroarch: The interface uses GL render, I've tried some cores that uses the GPU to test (dreamcast and n64), none glitched. Can change to fullscreen and windowed, nothing happened.
World of Warcraft: Changed from fullscreen to windowed, really rarelly happened, and when it does, the glitches occurs in the animation (from windowed to fullscreen) and nothing more. In other hand, when I go see other windows, the glitches starts.
Youtube: If I use firefox, no glitches at all when I change from windowed. If I do the same thing with safari, the problem appears instantly.
Photos: Same for safari, it's instantly.
VLC: It doesn't happened at all, tried with a few videos with different codecs.

I have shadow warrior on steam, it's quite intensive, I'll try it shortly.

Tested Shadow Warrior with graphics on ultra, not issues so far.

Offt: I can't update my posts because it's says that is spam ALL THE TIME. I've reported to admin already. My posts are always waiting moderation, even so the age of my account and stuff, it's getting difficult to make reports about my tests.

Tested Shadow Warrior with graphics on ultra, not issues so far.

Offt: I can't update my posts because it's says that is spam ALL THE TIME. I've reported to admin already. My posts are always waiting moderation, even so the age of my account and stuff, it's getting difficult to make reports about my tests.
No problem, please post new replies if necessary. I am looking forward for your reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back