Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Swapped it back to the 660. Installed CUDA + web drivers + Whatevergreen + updated all the kexts. Opened photos. Glitches immediately so nothing has changed here.

Maybe the 650ti/boost is a bit better.
Such a shame since the 660 + metal is so much smoother than radeon 5770 + no metal

Tell us your configuration like kexts and UEFI drivers, so everyone else can thinker too. :)

They just showed up today unfortunately, so no go there. Oddly, no app caused them until I opened up Sublime Text 3. I restarted again and everything was great. Opened ST3 and boom they're immediately there. Are specific apps triggering this for some reason???

Maybe the 650ti/boost is a bit better. Such a shame since the 660 + metal is so much smoother than radeon 5770 + no metal

I'm wondering if I should plug my 650TI back in after I've added all these drivers.

They just showed up today unfortunately, so no go there. Oddly, no app caused them until I opened up Sublime Text 3. I restarted again and everything was great. Opened ST3 and boom they're immediately there. Are specific apps triggering this for some reason???

I'm wondering if I should plug my 650TI back in after I've added all these drivers.

Maybe ST3 is triggering something specific in the API, since here it'll only occurs when I've open Apple apps like safari or photos, in other hand, no issues if I do the same with firefox

After almost a year of these glitches with my 660ti, I finally broke down and just bought an RX 580. As expected, this card worked out of the box. Straight swap, no other configs.

It's been mentioned frequently that the Sapphire Pulse cards are known to identify themselves correctly in macOS. I just wanted to note that the MSI card that I bought (RX 580 8G V1) also seems to identify itself correctly without any further changes on my part. Amazon is currently selling this MSI card for $230-240 USD, after rebate.

I've had to move over to a GTX 1070 as the lack of any progress on this has made my machine unusable. Rock solid since the change.

After almost a year of these glitches with my 660ti, I finally broke down and just bought an RX 580. As expected, this card worked out of the box. Straight swap, no other configs.

It's been mentioned frequently that the Sapphire Pulse cards are known to identify themselves correctly in macOS. I just wanted to note that the MSI card that I bought (RX 580 8G V1) also seems to identify itself correctly without any further changes on my part. Amazon is currently selling this MSI card for $230-240 USD, after rebate.

How is that card? I read in the reviews that the fan was a little loud and had some issue with thermal/throttling at higher loads. Pricewise, it's tempting too

How is that card? I read in the reviews that the fan was a little loud and had some issue with thermal/throttling at higher loads. Pricewise, it's tempting too

Nothing too dramatic to report so far, though my spent has been limited to this point. It does only have the one fan on it, unlike the 2 or 3 other cards have, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it did throttle at higher loads. To be honest, I made my decision pretty much completely on price. It is simply the cheapest 8GB RX 580 to be found currently.

The hackintosh side of my rig doesn't usually get pushed that hard. I'll know more when I get a chance to hit Assassin's Creed some more on the Windows side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back