Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In WoW, I noticed that at times and in certain areas, my fps drops or lags to a very low rate (15-25fps). It does not do this in Windows at all. So I benchmarked with Cinebench and my GTX 580 scored 50.11 fps and my CPU scored 8.80 pts. Maybe I'm wrong but I imagine this should be higher? I noticed on the benchmark, it isn't detecting my hardware overclock on my CPU either. What could be wrong? Anyone know how I could fix this? Thanks!

My specs are:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
i7 3770K
GTX 580

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/48498-graphics-benchmark-programs.html

Test with Unigene 3.0 and Luxmark. Then report back with your results. Are you using native drivers or have you installed the nvidia ones? How about CUDA? While it dosent pertain to WoW still something you should have installed!

In multibeast, I installed the 10.8.x OpenCL patch, and the NVIDIA retail 304.00. I'm not sure about CUDA, how do I check? Sorry, I'm pretty new at the whole hackintosh thing.

Luxmark = http://i.imgur.com/Os5MGEZ.png
Unigene 3.0 = http://i.imgur.com/Y6x1B5S.png

It's not seeing my overclock on my CPU either.

i think your performance is about right, i'm running an older i7 at 4.0GHz and a GTX570 classified, and your ahead me of by (what would seem) an appropriate amount.

ScreenShot2013-02-04at54055AM_zps02b24db7.jpeg

also, i'm experiencing the same thing in WOW, there are LOTS of posts on the forums (battle.net) about it for all mac users since Pandaria came out (not just hacks). if you open your activity monitor while playing the game, you'll find that every time is gets choppy (when the frame rate drops real low), it's when the game is requesting more memory, so it's believed it's something in the coding as to how it's requesting memory. there have been a coupe of blue posts saying "we're looking into it", but nothing has come of it yet.

i think your performance is about right, i'm running an older i7 at 4.0GHz and a GTX570 classified, and your ahead me of by (what would seem) an appropriate amount.

ScreenShot2013-02-04at54055AM_zps02b24db7.jpeg

also, i'm experiencing the same thing in WOW, there are LOTS of posts on the forums (battle.net) about it for all mac users since Pandaria came out (not just hacks). if you open your activity monitor while playing the game, you'll find that every time is gets choppy (when the frame rate drops real low), it's when the game is requesting more memory, so it's believed it's something in the coding as to how it's requesting memory. there have been a coupe of blue posts saying "we're looking into it", but nothing has come of it yet.

Hmm, now that you mention that, I just went on wow and watched the activity monitor on my other display and sure enough, every time my fps dropped and the game got choppy, the amount of RAM jumped quite a bit. I also noticed in the graphics settings on wow, all of the different settings you can change like 'texture resolution' and 'texture filtering' its saying the recommended settings are much lower. Fair or below for me. Which on Windows, there all recommended to the highest settings. Do you have this same issue?

Hmm, now that you mention that, I just went on wow and watched the activity monitor on my other display and sure enough, every time my fps dropped and the game got choppy, the amount of RAM jumped quite a bit. I also noticed in the graphics settings on wow, all of the different settings you can change like 'texture resolution' and 'texture filtering' its saying the recommended settings are much lower. Fair or below for me. Which on Windows, there all recommended to the highest settings. Do you have this same issue?

yeap. another interesting thing i've found, (if you have 2 monitors running) when it starts to get choppy, click over to the second monitor, and the game will speed back up almost instantly... no idea why, but it does. also, if it get real bad (down to single digit FPS), rebooting will bring everything back to normal, again, no idea why though.

Hi there,

I'm trying to gather as much info as possible, is anyone flashing the rom on these GTX 5**'s ?

Nige

Hi there,

I'm trying to gather as much info as possible, is anyone flashing the rom on these GTX 5**'s ?

Nige

nope, i'm a stock eVGA 570 Classified.

How much are your overclocked? There is my results at 4.6 ghz, custom water cooling loop, vanilla evga gtx 580 1.5bg (stock clocks). My 3770k is terrible and needs a ton of volts to go 4.6ghz IMO which is why I havent gone further. 1.35 volts "offset" overclocking is about my limit even though max temps after 12 hours are only low 70's.

ScreenShot2013-02-07at13327PM_zpsc57552c4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back