Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharky311 said:
Hey guys, also having problems with audio. I stuffed all the parts into a G5 chassis and did no cuts so I don't have access to the back ports. I have a cable that plugs into the front of the G5 case and I only plan on using the front audio jack.

I followed the 10.7 guide from gordo on these forums and got everything up and running, minus sound.

I'm on 10.7.3, have the latest multi beast, latest next utility and idd's HDA from the OP. Going to try this again.

Edit; okay, so now I hear some cracking/popping when inserting/removing the plug front the front audio jack but still no sound.

i dont think front work well but back one work great just make i small hole in the case
and put speaker at the back

Hmmm, this is rather disappointing then. I was under the impression that I could get audio through the front if I bought this cable. I will continue to work but for now I think I will attempt at getting a jack somewhere at the back. Thanks.

Hey idd, I did your post from a-z 100% perfect and my motherboard shows under the confirmed working motherboards. Just wondering if you could give me a little further guidance. My board is the GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 but after going through your steps no such luck on getting sound to work... I am running my video through an hdmi out (don't know if that would effect it any) but I am not getting sound through any ports or hdmi. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Brand

bs1000oldq said:
Hey idd, I did your post from a-z 100% perfect and my motherboard shows under the confirmed working motherboards. Just wondering if you could give me a little further guidance. My board is the GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 but after going through your steps no such luck on getting sound to work... I am running my video through an hdmi out (don't know if that would effect it any) but I am not getting sound through any ports or hdmi. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Brand

In the Hardware under "Audio (Built in)" do you see Audio Id 899?
if yes then do turn off your machine power cord as well wait 1 min
turn it on you should have sound...

if you dont see Audio Id 889 under "Audio (Built in)" then you need to do line 3 in post 1
also dont forget to delete the APPLEHDA.kext file

You can also try connecting the speaker to see if any sound come out ? if no then
delete AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
and continue from line 4 in Post 1

let us know

I have a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 as well and I have followed this guide multiple times to the letter but I cannot get audio to work at all (I'm running two monitors using DVI so the HDMI isn't messing with anything). I'm running Lion 10.7.3

If it helps I go from no devices to being able to select 'line out' or 'digital' but there's no 'Audio Id 889' or mention of 889 anywhere.

:crazy:

ChiefWizard said:
I have a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 as well and I have followed this guide multiple times to the letter but I cannot get audio to work at all (I'm running two monitors using DVI so the HDMI isn't messing with anything). I'm running Lion 10.7.3

If it helps I go from no devices to being able to select 'line out' or 'digital' but there's no 'Audio Id 889' or mention of 889 anywhere.

:crazy:

check it you got this enable in the bios Azalia codec

ChiefWizard said:
Ya it's enabled. Should it not be? :confused:

should be enable

ok
let try this again

1, delete AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
2 delete all the audio kext
3, repair the permission
4 turn off the machine plug the plug out of the wall
5 turn it on
then start from line 7 in post one
good luck

Oops :rolleyes: I screwed something up there, computer won't boot now gimme a sec to undo whatever I just did :?

In the mean time, does it make a difference that I've been using a unibeast usb on a motherboard header to boot? (I've got the Boot0 error otherwise and haven't been able to get the booth1 fix to work yet).

ChiefWizard said:
Oops :rolleyes: I screwed something up there, computer won't boot now gimme a sec to undo whatever I just did :?

In the mean time, does it make a difference that I've been using a unibeast usb on a motherboard header to boot? (I've got the Boot0 error otherwise and haven't been able to get the booth1 fix to work yet).

yes you need the machine to run on it own first before you get audio to work

check the first post
you need it to run on it own reboot it once happy do the audio

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back