Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z77 and Mountain Lion: General Clarification Regarding DSDT and SSDT Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Slimbook Pro2
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 3200x1800
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I'm planning to start a new build soon using Bitfenix's gorgeous Prodigy case, an Ivy Bridge i7 processor and a Gigabyte Z77 mini-ITX board (assuming the rumors are true and they're on there way).

I just want to get straight ahead of time what this build would require in terms of post-install 'MultiBeast-stage' software/files.

I've heard that Z77 boards don't require a DSDT and have full native power management including sleep, speedstepping etc. Is this true? What about SSDT? Do I still need to include one or are these only for Sandy Bridge Processors?

Thanks!

It depends if they have the UEFI Bios or not.

I'm in a current position to you, and had to replace my case, so bought the prodigy but atm sort of have an ATX board in there hanging out one side......

Hopefully will replace it with an iTX board very soon, but waiting to see what the gigabyte/EVGA boards are like, I have a feeling the EVGA board will be superior to the gigabyte and compatibility will be just as good, but at this moment in time will have to wait and see. I haven't been able to find much on Gigabyte's Z77.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back