Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

1. I've tried both.
2. I've tried both
3. I've tried both.
4. Iv'e tried both.
...And every combination possible. They make no difference.
I went back to F8 from F22.
I suggest to try this way
1. enable
2. set to 0
3. Bios is for you to set
4. Enable 4G
5. ResizeGpuBars - set to -1

1. I've tried both.
2. I've tried both
3. I've tried both.
4. Iv'e tried both.
...And every combination possible. They make no difference.
I went back to F8 from F22.
Really puzzling…

The third device property in config.plist looks suspicious — Pci(1F,03).

Have you tried CMOS Reset? Although flashing F8 from F23 would clean everything out as well.

Is the 6650 the only GPU in the system?

CaseySJ, thanks for your help. Attached is my config file. This works for both my Z790 Aero G and my Z690 Aero G except for the RX6650 XT. For the other video cards, RX 6900 XT, RX580, RX550 I have no device ID in device properties.
Is your motherboard a Z790 Aero G+RX6650XT..

Are you getting a windows service failure. It sounds like it? This can be caused by your BIOS settings. Try resetting your BIOS to the default safe settings and see if it still behaves the same. I’ve experienced this problem when I push the BIOS settings for better performance.
Do you mean running in Windows OS? This is in MacOS. Or you mean the background service in MacOS?

Hi CaseySJ, still freezes during the boot process. Windows 11 works fine. I don't understand the issue here. I've also tried several different machine profiles to no avail.
Your config.plist applies device-id <FF7300> instead of <FF730000>.
The SSDT supplied by @CaseySJ applies the spoof to the right path. Have you tried it without any DeviceProperties (not PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and certainly nothing under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)—if it exists, this one targets an ALC codec, NOT audio output through the GPU)? Put # before PciRoot to disable the entries.

Really puzzling…

The third device property in config.plist looks suspicious — Pci(1F,03).

Have you tried CMOS Reset? Although flashing F8 from F23 would clean everything out as well.

Is the 6650 the only GPU in the system?
CaseySJ,

I tried everything you suggested and it behaves exactly the same way. The 6650 XT is the only card in the system. It is very odd. This display card worked fine in my Gigabyte Gaming M, i9-7000kf without any spoofing. It was plug and Play. Ventura 13.1. Geekbench compute score, metal, 85497.

Do you mean running in Windows OS? This is in MacOS. Or you mean the background service in MacOS?
Background service in macOS. Windows Server fails, logs you off. If you log back in it will fail again or sometimes reboot.

Background service in macOS. Windows Server fails, logs you off. If you log back in it will fail again or sometimes reboot.
Yep that sounds about right. But if it is Windows Server - it's only happening under moderate-high load under web browsers etc. Shutting down apps and going easy on the system makes the problem disappear. Would that indicate a BIOS setting issue?

I am trying to recall which BIOS settings were the issue. My problem was in Chrome watching news or streaming. Try setting your BIOS to optimized defaults and try to recreate the conditions. If the problem is gone, change your BIOS setting to the way you had them but one by one to see what the offending values are causing the issue.

Hi @CaseySJ
I've been using my build for about a month and a half now and I've noticed strange performance/stability issues.

The first is that I would randomly lose USB devices. Including audio which is detected as USB audio in this build. The computer wouldn't freeze, if I was playing video, the video would still play. Unplugging and replugging devices wouldn't fix it, only a hard reset since I can't use the keyboard or mouse anymore. It happens sporadically and at random so it's hard to diagnose. Not my main concern right now, just bringing this up in case it is somewhat related to my second issue.

My main issue right now is poor graphics-accelerated performance (I think?) in Photoshop and Lightroom. When I have a document with several layers, mostly related to color adjustments, the sliders drag considerably and the adjustment isn't smooth. This is worse performance on my 6800 XT and 13900K than on my old system that had a 9700K and a 5700 xt. Even my 2019 Macbook pro with mobile graphics performs better. I also checked the same file on another build I did with your Z490 guide (intel 10th gen and an amd 6600) and even that computer is faster than my newer build. I try the same test on the Windows partition of this same machine and the performance is normal there.

I recorded the screen to visualize the lag. It might not seem as much from the video, but it prevents me from making fine adjustments as it makes grabbing the slider difficult sometimes (as it can be seen around the 18 second mark)

https://www.loom.com/share/3a21d930009648f4b2d80647fc197838

I wonder if there is something I did wrong with configuring the threads/cores of my CPU or if my specific brand/model of graphics card doesn't like playing nice with Mac OS

EDITED to add better videos:
Here's me trying to make a curves adjustment layer in Mac OS. I have to turn off every other adjustment to get good performance

And here it is, same file in the Windows partition where I don't have performance issues

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.9 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back