Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello @jorsh,

Your configuration looks fine. Some things to try:
  • Run GeekBench 5.0 and check the Compute -> Metal score
  • Disable WhateverGreen.kext from Kernel section of config.plist and reboot; does it help Photoshop and Lightroom?
  • Try adding these device properties to the RX 6800:
Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 4.08.38 PM.png

Hello @jorsh,

Your configuration looks fine. Some things to try:
  • Run GeekBench 5.0 and check the Compute -> Metal score
  • Disable WhateverGreen.kext from Kernel section of config.plist and reboot; does it help Photoshop and Lightroom?
  • Try adding these device properties to the RX 6800:

Here's my Geekbench 5 results.

I tried your other two suggestions and the performance is the same.
Before you replied, I also upgraded from Monterey to Ventura and that also didn't help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 6.24.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 6.24.02 PM.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 47
Here's my Geekbench 5 results.

I tried your other two suggestions and the performance is the same.
Before you replied, I also upgraded from Monterey to Ventura and that also didn't help.
That GeekBench score is perfectly normal.

One suggestion is to temporarily remove the 6800 XT and replace it with one of your other GPUs such as 5700 XT or 6600. This will tell us whether or not the problem is due to the 6800 XT.

That GeekBench score is perfectly normal.

One suggestion is to temporarily remove the 6800 XT and replace it with one of your other GPUs such as 5700 XT or 6600. This will tell us whether or not the problem is due to the 6800 XT.
Ok I am a big idiot. I had "multithreaded compositing" turned off in Photoshop's Performance preferences.
Now it's about 95% of Windows' performance, which is acceptable for Hackintosh in my opinion.

Should I turn WhateverGreen back on?

Ok I am a big idiot. I had "multithreaded compositing" turned off in Photoshop's Performance preferences.
Now it's about 95% of Windows' performance, which is acceptable for Hackintosh in my opinion.
C'est la vie!

Should I turn WhateverGreen back on?
Yes it's good to turn WEG back on.

Good morning. What motherboard to edit video do you recommend? That the memory is DDR4 and the motherboard Z690 or Z790
Excuse me and that Intel 12 and 13 generation can be installed.
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Yes. Non flashed with ssd. I bet flashed also work.
Do you think your SSDT could be useful for me? I want to try Alpine Ridge in 2 different builds: Gigabyte Z690 UD and Z690 Elite Ex. Could you share it? I don't know how to drop and customize this kind of SSDT.
Many thanks!

I was able to reproduce this problem on Gigabyte Z390 Designare, in which I've installed a Gigabyte GC-AQC113C network card and enabled the AQC 113C SSDT.
  • With Ethernet cable connected, the system will enter sleep for about 2 seconds, then wake up.
  • With Ethernet cable disconnected, the system will sleep normally.
  • Even with hibernatemode, standby, and autopoweroff set to 0, the problem remains.
Did anyone ever solve the sleep issue for the AQC113C? I have the same issue with a Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master.

** OpenCore 0.8.9 Released **

Update to OpenCore 0.8.9 using latest version of HackinDROM, v2.1.5 as described in post below:

Back