Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

yes, well, lots of errors...
Because you have 4 memory modules, chances are there is perhaps only one bad module. This is why I recommended the previous procedure, which is as follows:
  • Currently all four memory slots are occupied: A1, A2, B1, B2
  • The experiment is to first remove the DIMMs from A1 and B1, leaving only: A1, A2, B1, B2
  • We can run MemTest on this configuration or we can try installing macOS
  • If a failure occurs in either MemTest or macOS installation, then we remove A2 and B2 and install the other two modules into the same A2 and B2 slots
Note:
  • When only 2 memory modules are to be installed, they should always go into A2 and B2

@lozlab,

Another thing to try is to reduce RAM speed in BIOS to 2133MHz because you have 4 DIMMs.

See this post from someone who did that today:

But if memory is truly faulty, then this may not help.

I tried upgrading my Open Core to 0.9.3 from 0.7.7, which has been super stable. Unfortunately my Intel wifi and bluetooth stops working. Tried to change some settings but without results. Any ideas?

@CaseySJ Hi there, could someone please remind me what needs to be done when your wifi has stopped working after updating to Ventura 13.4.1? I have OC 0.9.3 and just upgraded to 13.4.1 and realised after boot that wifi doe snot work anymore. I am not talking about the onboard wifi but the add-on card. It is not a Fenvi one but a PCIe x1 adapter with an Apple module. Been working fine up to now. Thanks. Bluetooth is working fine (also on the same module).

@CaseySJ Hi there, could someone please remind me what needs to be done when your wifi has stopped working after updating to Ventura 13.4.1? I have OC 0.9.3 and just upgraded to 13.4.1 and realised after boot that wifi doe snot work anymore. I am not talking about the onboard wifi but the add-on card. It is not a Fenvi one but a PCIe x1 adapter with an Apple module. Been working fine up to now. Thanks. Bluetooth is working fine (also on the same module).
Hello @emistral,

WiFi requires AppleVTD to be enabled if your system has 32 or more GB of memory. In that case we also need to enable the kernel quirk “DisableIoMapperMapping”.

Thanks. AppleVTD was enabled but for an unknown reason Disableiomappermapping was disabled. All good now.

Hi folks,
I've been running this build successfully for a couple years, but recently updated to Monterey and found my geekbench 5 scores took a nosedive.
I did a clean install on a WD NVME, using EFI from this thread, updated to OC 0.8.3
The only change to my initial hardware was the addition of an XFX RX 6800 XT.
anyone here have similar issues or have any insights or suggestions?
EFI folder attached.
Thanks!

z490 catalina.png

MONTEREY INSTALL
z490 monterey.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 49
Hi folks,
I've been running this build successfully for a couple years, but recently updated to Monterey and found my geekbench 5 scores took a nosedive.
I did a clean install on a WD NVME, using EFI from this thread, updated to OC 0.8.3
The only change to my initial hardware was the addition of an XFX RX 6800 XT.
anyone here have similar issues or have any insights or suggestions?
EFI folder attached.
Thanks!

View attachment 569529
MONTEREY INSTALL
View attachment 569531
@rockermatt,

I also have a Z490 setup. I believe the reason yours is not working as it should is because your Kernel > Emulate values is actually spoofing a Coffee Lake CPU (hence the low scores). Your 10980 is a Comet Lake chip so can run natively. So I have removed the offending items in your new EFI which I have also updated to OC 0.9.4.

I see you have a RX6800. Running it you must have the device properties added into the table like this >

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 12.02.35 PM.png

I should also mention to you, your FakePCIID kexts for the Intel I225-V LAN and HDMI Audio may not work as they are set only for Catalina (so I have disabled the I225-V). Patches for the Intel LAN are a little more harder to fix after Catalina & Big Sur (as there were different types of patches depending on the version of macOS used including updates). However the best fix has been to add e1000=0 to the boot-arg (which I have also added to the EFI). Also added -radcodec for the RX6800.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 925
I think faking CPUID doesn't do anything other than really just faking the CPUID nor have the consequence of limiting the CPU performance because of the spoof.

@Middleman thanks for the updated EFI!
My latest GB5 tests are in the 9000 +/- range, and I'm starting to be suspect about the 11,100 score I got on Catalina (fluke?). I ran GB5 in windows and got scores in the 9000 range, and every other benchmark I see looks to be in that range (Mac or windows machines with same/similar processor)

On another note: I had the built in BT working back in the day, but no luck on Monterey. The last note I saw on this thread said it was broken. Any updates on that? Should I just go for the Fenvi card, or what's the latest/greatest solution? All I really care about is using my Apple TrackPad.

Back