Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@lozlab,

Installation succeeded without any issue:

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 1.51.51 PM.png

Notes:
  • I used gibMacOS to download latest Ventura public beta and created a USB install disk on a 32GB Samsung Bar Plus (USB 3.0)
  • The system will reboot about 3 times during installation -- this is normal and explained in Post 1
  • Each time it reboots, press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen and select the USB install disk
  • Then OpenCore Picker will appear
  • If the correct boot disk is not selected by default, use arrow keys to select the correct disk in the OpenCore Picker
Attached is the OC 0.9.4 EFI folder with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub, so please add them before use.

Also use OpenCore Configurator 2.73.0.0 and set it to 0.9.4 Development Version.

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 2.01.24 PM.png

This thread contains success stories from many users. They don't have the same CPU or the same GPU or the same SSDs or the same Memory. But the same EFI folder works because the motherboard is the same and the devices installed on the motherboard are natively supported by macOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
USB flash ventura quits with error in the middle of install...So I tried to remove the dimm but couldnt boot, note the dimm is perfectly recognized under my catalina system.

Some questions about your memory modules:
  • How old are the memory modules?
  • What brand?
  • Are there 2 modules or 4?
  • What is the capacity of each module? Is each one 8GB or 16GB?

Some questions about your memory modules:
  • How old are the memory modules?
  • What brand?
  • Are there 2 modules or 4?
  • What is the capacity of each module? Is each one 8GB or 16GB?
Gskill 4X16gb 2/3 years old

Attachments

• G.Skill Compatible Trident Z RGB, DDR4-3600, CL17-64 GB .jpg
    G.Skill Compatible Trident Z RGB, DDR4-3600, CL17-64 GB .jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 14
@lozlab,

Installation succeeded without any issue:

View attachment 569105

Notes:
  • I used gibMacOS to download latest Ventura public beta and created a USB install disk on a 32GB Samsung Bar Plus (USB 3.0)
  • The system will reboot about 3 times during installation -- this is normal and explained in Post 1
  • Each time it reboots, press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen and select the USB install disk
  • Then OpenCore Picker will appear
  • If the correct boot disk is not selected by default, use arrow keys to select the correct disk in the OpenCore Picker
Attached is the OC 0.9.4 EFI folder with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub, so please add them before use.

Also use OpenCore Configurator 2.73.0.0 and set it to 0.9.4 Development Version.

View attachment 569106
This thread contains success stories from many users. They don't have the same CPU or the same GPU or the same SSDs or the same Memory. But the same EFI folder works because the motherboard is the same and the devices installed on the motherboard are natively supported by macOS.
Ok so I did it again - formatted usb flash- create usb install - used your 094 EFI with 2.73 oc configurator>develop version - reported the serials (note that in your config.plist the proc type is set to 3840 so i left it but in my original catalina config this section is empty)- copy the EFI in usb efi partition- reboot- F12 > message appears (instanceIdentifier-see pict)- begin install- at 16 mn remaining same error message (see pict) voilà :(

Attachments

• IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3789.JPG
    IMG_3789.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • Capture d’écran 2023-07-16 à 15.11.53.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-16 à 15.11.53.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 27
Ok so I did it again - formatted usb flash- create usb install - used your 094 EFI with 2.73 oc configurator>develop version - reported the serials (note that in your config.plist the proc type is set to 3840 so i left it but in my original catalina config this section is empty)- copy the EFI in usb efi partition- reboot- F12 > message appears (instanceIdentifier-see pict)- begin install- at 16 mn remaining same error message (see pict) voilà :(
The warnings in screenshot 1 can be ignored for now.

Because there are 4 memory modules, we can try this experiment:
  1. Shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to off
  2. Remove only the DIMMs from memory slots A1 and B1 (refer to manual if needed to identify A1 and B1)
  3. Power up the system
  4. Now we must re-download the Ventura installer (yes we must otherwise this experiment is no good) and re-build the USB install disk by running “createinstallmedia” using the newly downloaded installer
  5. With the same 0.9.4 EFI folder, please try installing macOS once again
If you get the same error as shown in screenshot 2, then we must do this:
  • Shutdown the system and flip power switch off again
  • Remove the two DIMMs from A2 and B2
  • Install the previously removed DIMMs into A2 and B2 (we are swapping the memory modules)
  • Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 above

Hi to do these experiments I need to remove heatsinc and CPU (A1 dim) so I have to delay this as I need my machine for work and cant take too many risks. Also I am curious to understand why dim could affect the download and creation of a usb flash.
(In previous experiments I have been downloading Mac Os with a real mac) maybe I should also investigate about My Bios (F6 ) and settings.... anyway thanks for your time and help, I ll be back when i have something new.

Hi to do these experiments I need to remove heatsinc and CPU (A1 dim) so I have to delay this as I need my machine for work and cant take too many risks. Also I am curious to understand why dim could affect the download and creation of a usb flash.
(In previous experiments I have been downloading Mac Os with a real mac) maybe I should also investigate about My Bios (F6 ) and settings.... anyway thanks for your time and help, I ll be back when i have something new.

Because the log indicates a failure in verifying “SharedSupport.dmg” that contains all the files to be installed, there are several possible causes, among them:
  • Bad memory modules
  • Corrupted installation file (which can be caused by bad memory)
If a real Mac was used to download the installer, then perhaps the installation file is okay — unless that Mac also has faulty memory.

Again, there can be other reasons, but the ones mentioned above are the first ones to try and rule out.

Indeed I may have a memory problem, i did rember test with failure...however i never felt any problem in my catalina workflow. But still it looks there is a problem , do you know a method to identifie wich ram stick ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-07-17 à 15.29.47.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-17 à 15.29.47.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 16
If there is a bad memory module, a corruption can occur at any time. The macOS installer was downloaded from @lozlab’s real Mac, which may not have a memory issue. So the installer should be okay. But if the Hackintosh has a memory issue, the checksum can fail.

Attachments

• IMG_3790.JPG
    IMG_3790.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Back