Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

** OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini-Guide **
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D and Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (not D)

Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead.

Warning: These EFI folders have not been tested so please use them from a USB flash disk first

macOS version supported:
  • Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura

Manual Installation Procedure:
  • Use OpenCore Configurator 2.69.0.1 and change its preferences/settings to 0.9.2 Development Version

Hi, I'm trying to update my workstation #2 (Gigabyte Z490 VisionD - I7 10700K - Radeon RX 580) so I downloaded both OCC 2.69.0.1 and 2.7.0.0.
Then I Set OCC preferences to 0.9.2 (developer or release depends on OCC. version) and open the AMD config.plist from the attached Z490-D EFI in attach in this post.
When I do that I get this error window message:

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.4!

OCS: Missing key InstanceIdentifier, context <Boot>!
OCS: Missing key ConsoleFont, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key InitialMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key PciIo, context <ProtocolOverrides>!
Serialisation returns 4 errors!
PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemUUID is borked (Can only be empty, special string OEM or valid UUID)!
CheckPlatformInfo returns 1 error!
UEFI->Output->InitialMode is illegal (Can only be Auto, Text, or Graphics)!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Volumes/Install macOS Ventura/OC-092-Z490-VISION-D/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 6 issues requiring attention.

If I try to copy my platform info, do all necessary changes and save when I restart I can't boot.
can someone please help me?
Thanks!

P.S.: hackindrom 2.1.8 tell me that I'm already updated if I try to use this way to update open core.

64GB disk is perfectly okay.
USB flash ventura quits with error in the middle of install...So I tried to remove the dimm but couldnt boot, note the dimm is perfectly recognized under my catalina system.
you tried my config plist with success , i tried with different os (ventura , monterey, big sur) different usb flash so i dont know what to do anymore, maybe something in my bios (i followed the guide) well if anyone has installed ventura with a z490 vision D and a I9 10900K please encourage me !

USB flash ventura quits with error in the middle of install...So I tried to remove the dimm but couldnt boot, note the dimm is perfectly recognized under my catalina system.
you tried my config plist with success , i tried with different os (ventura , monterey, big sur) different usb flash so i dont know what to do anymore, maybe something in my bios (i followed the guide) well if anyone has installed ventura with a z490 vision D and a I9 10900K please encourage me !
I installed Ventura on my Z490 Vision D and 10700K in one go. Made a new APFS volume on my Big Sur install disk to do a fresh install. The installer worked first time for me. Bluetooth and Wifi didn’t work for me though. Had a few goes trying to fix it but gave up in the end. I’m planning on staying with Big Sur for the foreseeable future - I have an M1Pro Macbook for keeping up to date. The z490 machine is my studio computer for home recording and video editing

Hi,

In a previous post, you attached a capture showing missing items ( see PciIo and ConsoleFont) while booting.
This happens when one uses a OC 0.9.3 kit with a "legacy" config.plist ( in this case the config.list file belongs to OC 0.9.2 kit).

Try to create a new EFI folder but this time using the OC 0.9.2 kit, put it on the USB stick, boot and watch what happens.

Download the 0.9.2 kit from here :

Good luck !
Try to create a new EFI folder but this time using the OC 0.9.2 ki
Thanks I downloaded OpenCore-0.9.2-RELEASE, so I copy the efi folder on the usb stick and then replace the config.plist with mine ?

Thanks I downloaded OpenCore-0.9.2-RELEASE, so I copy the efi folder on the usb stick and then replace the config.plist with mine ?
The OCS Schema warnings for PciIo and ConsoleFont are okay and can be ignored.

The problem you’re facing with macOS installation is due to something else.

Hello,

From OC 0.9.2 kit, copy the EFI folder from X64 folder, put it on the desktop, then rename it as EFI_092.

Hello,

From OC 0.9.2 kit, copy the EFI folder from X64 folder, put it on the desktop, then rename it as EFI_092.

1) The EFI_092/OC/ACPI is empy.
Copy here the files from your (original) EFI/OC/ACPI corresponding folder.

2) The EFI _092/OC/Drivers contains many file.
Keep only what you need ( and delele the others ) by comparison with EFI/OC/Drivers

3) The EFI_092/OC/Kexts is empty.
Copy here the files from your (original) EFI/OC/Kexts corresponding folder.

4) The EFI_092/OC/Tools contains many files.
Keep only what you need ( and delele the others ) by comparison with EFI/OC/Tools

5) Do not touch the existing EFI_092/OC/OpenCore.efi.

6) Copy EFI/OC/config.plist file in /EFI_092/OC folder.
If not sure about the state of your your existing config.plist, you may check its validity using ocvalidate.

=== Optional 7) Download the OcBinaryData archive ( from here) :

You'll get a file named OcBinaryData-master.zip. Un-archive this file and you'll get a OcBinaryData-master folder.
From OcBinaryData-master folder, copy the Resources folder in EFI_092/OC folder replacing the existing one.

From OcBinaryData-master/Drivers folder copy the HfsPlus.efi file in EFI_092/OC/Drivers replacing the existing one.
If in EFI_092/OC/Drivers there is a OpenHfsPlus.efi file, delete it and retain only HfsPlus.efi file ( see above ).
=======

Mount the EFI partition of your USB stick.
Rename the existing EFI folder there ( example MyEFI093).
Copy your new EFI_092 folder in the EFI partition of your stick. There, rename EFI_092 to EFI.

Now you shoud have a bootable USB stick with OC version 092.

PS : Whenever you start a new installation process, do not forget to erase your destination storage ( HDD, SSD, NVME, etc) using diskutility.
Here is a real-life/working example of an EFI folder :

View attachment 569085
If the "wording" above is not clean enough , I kindly ask a moderator to edit the text.

Keep only what you need ( and delele the others ) by comparison with EFI/OC/Drivers

Keep only what you need ( and delele the others ) by comparison with EFI/OC/Tools

If not sure about the state of your your existing config.plist, you may check its validity using ocvalidate.

You'll get a file named OcBinaryData-master.zip. Un-archive this file and you'll get a OcBinaryData-master folder.
From OcBinaryData-master folder, copy the Resources folder in EFI_092/OC folder replacing the existing one.

From OcBinaryData-master/Drivers folder copy the HfsPlus.efi file in EFI_092/OC/Drivers replacing the existing one.
If in EFI_092/OC/Drivers there is a OpenHfsPlus.efi file, delete it and retain only HfsPlus.efi file ( see above ).
=======

Copy your new EFI_092 folder in the EFI partition of your stick. There, rename EFI_092 to EFI.

PS : Whenever you start a new installation process, do not forget to erase your destination storage ( HDD, SSD, NVME, etc) using diskutility.

View attachment 569085
If the "wording" above is not clean enough , I kindly ask a moderator to edit the text.
You mean from the working EFI of my catalina system ot The Efi of the USB flash ventura installer ?

You mean from the working EFI of my catalina system ot The Efi of the USB flash ventura installer ?
I have updated your 0.9.2 EFI folder from several pages earlier in this thread to 0.9.4. Currently doing a full Ventura installation on a new APFS volume in my internal NVMe SSD.

Currently 25 minutes remaining…

Last edited:
Hello,

=======

View attachment 569085
Hi! So I did point 1 to 6 copying the files from my USB flash to the OC92 efi respective folders, on the desktop, run oc validate (here s a screen shot) then replaced the EFI of USB by the one on the desktop, then when booting F12, I had the same error message + halting critical error, what did i do wrong ? thanks for your patience ;-)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-07-15 à 22.07.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-07-15 à 22.07.35.png
    601.4 KB · Views: 14
I have updated your 0.9.2 EFI folder from several pages earlier in this thread to 0.9.4. Currently doing a full Ventura installation on a new APFS volume in my internal NVMe SSD.

Currently 25 minutes remaining…

Will update this same post as the installation progresses.
thanks Casey , you dont have the same hardware as I do though, doesn t it matter ?
Do you remove all your internal disks when installing or it is okay leaving them (i have 3 nvme and 2 ssd)

thanks Casey , you dont have the same hardware as I do though, doesn t it matter ?
Do you remove all your internal disks when installing or it is okay leaving them (i have 3 nvme and 2 ssd)
I'm installing this on the following system:
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
  • Intel i5-10400
  • AMD RX 580
  • G.SKill TridentZ 32GB Memory
  • Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT
  • Sabrent Rocket NVMe SSD
  • There's also a Windows 10 SSD in the system
These components are listed in Post 1.

Back