Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So this time the Ventura installer actually runs? So that is progress, no?

Does the system freeze while attempting to boot the macOS installer? If so, press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore boot picker, then select Install macOS Ventura. This will show you a lot of log message on the screen.

Also feel free to compress and post your entire OpenCore 0.9.2 EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from config.plist -> PlatformInfo -> DataHub. I can use your EFI folder to attempt Ventura installation on my Z490 Vision D.
Ventura shows then the apple comes for 10 sec then quit and restarts the computer. Here s my efi folder , thanks a lot for you time, very generous !

Attachments

• OC-092-Z490-VISION-D 2.zip
    28 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
Ventura shows then the apple comes for 10 sec then quit and restarts the computer. Here s my efi folder
You're supposed to pick one of these SSDT-UIAC files that best matches your hardware config. Delete the other 4. They are in the ACPI folder.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

You're supposed to pick one of these SSDT-UIAC files that best matches your hardware config. Delete the other 4. They are in the ACPI folder.

View attachment 568534
already have V2 enabled.. the problem is the USB doesn t boot

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-06-30 à 21.29.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-30 à 21.29.11.png
    293 KB · Views: 13
already have V2 enabled.. the problem is the USB doesn t boot

I’ll examine your EFI folder soon.
Okay, I was able to start the Ventura installer using your EFI folder without any issues.

IMG_9717.jpg
IMG_9718.jpg

I made a minor change to the config.plist, which is attached. Please enter your serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub before trying this.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 3.42.00 PM.png

Which version of BIOS is installed on your system? Please see this note at the top of Post 1:

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 3.44.32 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.8 KB · Views: 23
Thanks Casey, I tried your config.plist but same..(choose Ventura>Apple logo for 10sec> reboot) my BIOS is F6, and my system boots good under Catalina. So I guess it is not a BIOS issue. which size of USB did you use? I shall try another USB..or shall I disconnect all peripherals? (TB, USB, NVMe..?)

@lozlab may I ask what is the brand of your SSD? And do you have NVMeFix.kext and/or NvmExpressDxe.efi installed?

@lozlab may I ask what is the brand of your SSD? And do you have NVMeFix.kext and/or NvmExpressDxe.efi installed?
Hi! My SSD is a Sabrent (Catalina already installed), and i have nvmefix present in the kext folder of the USB flash.

Thanks Casey, I tried your config.plist but same..(choose Ventura>Apple logo for 10sec> reboot) my BIOS is F6, and my system boots good under Catalina. So I guess it is not a BIOS issue. which size of USB did you use? I shall try another USB..or shall I disconnect all peripherals? (TB, USB, NVMe..?)
Some suggestions:
  • I use 32GB and 64GB Samsung Bar Plus USB 3.0 flash drives. These have worked incredibly well for me over the years.
  • Yes, good idea to disconnect all non-essential peripherals from the system (Thunderbolt, USB, and PCIe slots).
  • Keep GPU installed.
  • Also connect a working Ethernet cable to one of the Ethernet ports.

Back