Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi there.

Info missing - "...but after 2 seconds it" ... it did what?

Let us know. :)

Okay. :thumbup:

If the cursor is still flashing in the password input field, then the problem is USB.

Check if you have made any changes to your USB configuration or not re-implemented them.

Okay. :thumbup:

If the cursor is still flashing in the password input field, then the problem is USB.

Check if you have made any changes to your USB configuration or not re-implemented them.

The cursor stops flashing after approx. 2 seconds.
No change to the USB configuration or anything else.

The only thing I did, was running the HackinDROM - to update Opencore from 9.2 to 9.3 and reboot.
(I have done this with the last 3-4 updates with out any errors)

@JDL

I’ll test OpenCore 0.9.3 (not 9.3) soon. I didn’t realize it had been released.

Just to confirm: If you go back to the OpenCore 0.9.2 configuration, the systems boots up and you can login with no issues?

Yes, if I go back to 0.9.2 every thing is fine.
I also manually updated all the kext’s and it’s still fine.

Hi Casey,

I just upgraded my vision D from Monterey 12.6 to Ventura 13.4 and the upgrade went smoothly with no problems. I did a fresh install. Now I can't boot to the macOS SSD without the Installation disk. I have BIOS version F5, which I have had for awhile now. In the boot priorities, my SSD is not listed, and I cannot select any HDD to boot to. With the Installation disk plugged into the USB, when I go to BIOS and then to boot priorities, it only shows the USB and no other drive. I know I must be doing something stupidly wrong and just can't see it. How can I get my SSD to boot without the install disk. By the way, I have an M.2 Sabrient Rocket 4.0 500GB drive. Please help me to get my computer to boot to the Macintosh HDD without the install disk. Thanks in advance.

Hi Casey,

I just upgraded my vision D from Monterey 12.6 to Ventura 13.4 and the upgrade went smoothly with no problems. I did a fresh install. Now I can't boot to the macOS SSD without the Installation disk. I have BIOS version F5, which I have had for awhile now. In the boot priorities, my SSD is not listed, and I cannot select any HDD to boot to. With the Installation disk plugged into the USB, when I go to BIOS and then to boot priorities, it only shows the USB and no other drive. I know I must be doing something stupidly wrong and just can't see it. How can I get my SSD to boot without the install disk. By the way, I have an M.2 Sabrient Rocket 4.0 500GB drive. Please help me to get my computer to boot to the Macintosh HDD without the install disk. Thanks in advance.
Hello @winky1060

First thing to try is a cold boot (shutdown, flip power switch on PSU to off for 10 seconds, then power back up).

If that does not help, Reset NVRAM by pressing spacebar at OpenCore boot picker and choose the icon on far right.

If that also doesn’t help, boot macOS with the USB install disk. Then mount EFI partition of the internal NVMe SSD. Open a Finder window showing contents of the EFI folder and post a screenshot.

Just to tell you that I updated to 0.9.3 through HackinDROM yesterday and everything is fine !
Just updated to 0.9.3 via HackinDROM 2.1.8 and also installed Ventura 13.5 public beta 3 with no issues on my Z490 Vision D.

As a general question, Will the install procedure at the beginning of the thread still work for a fresh Ventura install?
I want to use OC 0.9.3 and the OC-092-Z490-VISION-D file.
Bios F5
i9 3.7 Ghz 10 Core Intel
64 GB 3600 DDR4
AMD Radon RX570 8GB
Intel 1219V11 / i225-V Ethernet
WD Black SN770 NvME 2 TB (x3)

Back