• wifi intel monterey crash report.txt
    31 KB · Views: 43
It's still the same. Report attached.
Monterey OC 0.71 intelWIFI
I just tried this on my Z490 Vision D with Monterey:
  • Intel Bluetooth is okay
    • connects and works with my AirPods Pro
  • Intel WiFi is okay
    • I am using 802.11ac network; the connection sometimes restarts, but it works
Some screenshots:
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.10.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.10.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.20.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.11.21 PM.png

Yup ! I assume the problem is on my side :)
Any clue from my crash report?
I'll start again from scratch but as it comes from your original EFI I don't really know from where I should start to investigate...

Just imagine Craig Frederighi commending the great work and discoveries being made in these threads...
Sometimes I wonder if Apple employees aren’t monitoring these threads because they’re fixing subtle bugs.

For example, on z590 vision d, for some weird reason, whenever I reboot the pc from macOS Big Sur, my thunderbolt devices aren’t available in the preboot environment until I power cycle. Now this ordinarily wouldn’t be a problem as the thunderbolt bus and downstream devices are initialized when the OS starts up. So the devices get enumerated. But if your boot device is hanging off of the thunderbolt bus, when the bus is dead, you can’t boot. I should note that this doesn’t happen in windows or Linux on the z590 vision d, and it doesn’t happen whatsoever on z490. I really believe it’s a quirk of the gigabyte bios or the maple ridge firmware.

But anyways, with Monterey, I’ve noticed that my thunderbolt devices are now available in the preboot environment whenever I reboot, so I no longer have to power cycle anymore. This means OS updates can proceed without intervention on my behalf.

So Apple definitely changed something.

Yup ! I assume the problem is on my side :)
Any clue from my crash report?
I'll start again from scratch but as it comes from your original EFI I don't really know from where I should start to investigate...
In my test I downloaded the EFI ZIP file from the mini-guide and copied my serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. Then I copied the EFI folder to EFI partition of USB flash drive and booted from USB (press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select USB disk).

Please give that a try...

Couple of suggestions:
  • With the official OpenCore 0.7.1 binaries, we no longer need -lilubetaall, and in fact this flag should be removed.
  • For Intel Bluetooth support in both Monterey and Big Sur, please have a look at this:
View attachment 523916
So I had tried your Bluetooth files and the method above. Unfortunately it didn't work and that included disabling itlwm. For some reason or other it is still coming up with the AppleKeyStore 11149 error, and always just before the Apple logo appears when the system is almost ready to bring up the login prompt. The only thing I believe it is related to seems to be itlwm, because I noticed earlier whenever the itlwm texts appear, the AppleKeyStore notification comes right after it.

I find the solution to fix the issue that HEVC don't work.
before:
View attachment 523843

after:
View attachment 523844

CaseySJ, Could you please add this fix to the new efi?​

how to fix: add # before AAPL,slot-name
View attachment 523846

Nice work. Just so that you know, I had also been experimenting with IGPU in the past. While I couldn't find dGPU I needed to make iGPU to work at its maximum potential.

With your changes, HEVC will work, but still not at full potential. To test, download a very high bit video: Google - 400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit and play it in IINA or VLC or both. It will stutter a lot. The frames will skip a lot. If you add "igfxfw=2 wegtree=1 igfxrpsc=1" boot args along with Casey's default config (igfxfw is most important, you can probably try omitting others after testing). igfxfw enables Apple Firmware for Intel GPU. Look for docs of WhateverGreen on GitHub for more information.

After this, the video decode will run as smooth as it should. Try playing it in VLC and IINA. It also makes it closer to real Mac. Also note that I'm using iMac20,2 on 10th Gen processor (10900K). You can also try the device-id I'm using in the post number mentioned below, it is more closer to the real iMac20,1 or iMac20,2.

To make sure Apple Firmware is loaded you can look into logs.
It needs to say "accelDidLoadGuC" and "Graphics accelerator is using scheduler: Apple Firmware", this will change from "Host Preemptive" mode:

2021-01-10 10:31:59.805250+0000 0x661 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelKBLGraphics) [IGPU] Graphics Firmware Version: 2.18.2.0
2021-01-10 10:31:59.805252+0000 0x661 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelKBLGraphics) [IGPU] Graphics Firmware Version: 2.18.2.0
2021-01-10 10:31:59.807983+0000 0x661 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelKBLGraphics) [IGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler: Apple Firmware
2021-01-10 10:31:59.807985+0000 0x661 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelKBLGraphics) [IGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler: Apple Firmware
2021-01-10 10:31:59.771202+0000 0x661 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) [IGFB][INFO ] accelWillLoadGuC: initializing...
2021-01-10 10:31:59.805253+0000 0x661 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) [IGFB][INFO ] accelDidLoadGuC

See post #4,492 in this thread for more information and full logs.

Cheers.

Nice work. Just so that you know, I had also been experimenting with IGPU in the past. While I couldn't find dGPU I needed to make iGPU to work at its maximum potential.

With your changes, HEVC will work, but still not at full potential. To test, download a very high bit video: Google - 400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit and play it in IINA or VLC or both. It will stutter a lot. The frames will skip a lot. If you add "igfxfw=2 wegtree=1 igfxrpsc=1" boot args along with Casey's default config (igfxfw is most important, you can probably try omitting others after testing). igfxfw enables Apple Firmware for Intel GPU. Look for docs of WhateverGreen on GitHub for more information.

After this, the video decode will run as smooth as it should. Try playing it in VLC and IINA. It also makes it closer to real Mac. Also note that I'm using iMac20,2 on 10th Gen processor (10900K). You can also try the device-id I'm using in the post number mentioned below, it is more closer to the real iMac20,1 or iMac20,2.

To make sure Apple Firmware is loaded you can look into logs.
It needs to say "accelDidLoadGuC" and "Graphics accelerator is using scheduler: Apple Firmware", this will change from "Host Preemptive" mode:

See post #4,492 in this thread for more information and full logs.

Cheers.
could you please give me a download link for Google - 400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit? I want to test it according to your comments. thanks a lot.

Sometimes I wonder if Apple employees aren’t monitoring these threads because they’re fixing subtle bugs.

For example, on z590 vision d, for some weird reason, whenever I reboot the pc from macOS Big Sur, my thunderbolt devices aren’t available in the preboot environment until I power cycle. Now this ordinarily wouldn’t be a problem as the thunderbolt bus and downstream devices are initialized when the OS starts up. So the devices get enumerated. But if your boot device is hanging off of the thunderbolt bus, when the bus is dead, you can’t boot. I should note that this doesn’t happen in windows or Linux on the z590 vision d, and it doesn’t happen whatsoever on z490. I really believe it’s a quirk of the gigabyte bios or the maple ridge firmware.

But anyways, with Monterey, I’ve noticed that my thunderbolt devices are now available in the preboot environment whenever I reboot, so I no longer have to power cycle anymore. This means OS updates can proceed without intervention on my behalf.

So Apple definitely changed something.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them used hackintosh desktops at home :)

By the way, has anyone submitted a bug/feedback for lack of support for i225-v in Monterrey? If not, I'd be glad to submit it.

Thanks,
Juan

could you please give me a download link for Google - 400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit? I want to test it according to your comments. thanks a lot.
Maybe this wil help.

Back