Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Please provide more background information.
  • Was OpenCore 0.6.9 running smoothly, but 0.7.1 does not allow your system to boot?
  • Which operating system are you running?
  • Have you pressed CMD-V at OpenCore Picker to enable verbose mode, then booted macOS? You will see detailed logs.
  • Which version of BIOS is installed in your motherboard?
I got my Bluetooth working reading this post. I enabled the SSDT V.2 for Bluetooth and it worked.

Im trying to install catalina 10.15.6
Open core 0.7.1
Not yet enabled verbose mode
Latest firmware motherboard
At this time we only recommend BIOS F5. The newer versions have caused problems.

Two suggestions:
  • Install BIOS F5 and configure BIOS parameters according to Post 1 (including CFG-Lock = Disable)

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.57.37 PM.png

• At the OpenCore Picker, press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose logs. Then select the option to Install macOS Catalina.
When the log freezes, please capture a photo and resize it down to about 2-3 MB, and post.

I download the jellyfish-400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv and test it by movist pro player.
it plays very smoothly without any modification you mentioned.
Can you also try IINA and VLC players? Both are open source. There's a chance they are not using the same hardware acceleration framework which is built-in by Apple. There are multiple ways to achieve hardware acceleration as you know.

Also what CPU and dGPU (if any) you have. I'll curious to know.

Did you also check the logs? Can you post the output of "log show --last=boot|grep -i AppleIntelKBLGraphics" and "log show --last=boot|grep -i AppleIntelCFL" immediately after boot?

Also what is the device-id under iGPU in PCIe section of your OpenCore config are you using?

Thanks!

Hi again all and @CaseySJ ...
I would like to summarize my different attempts to boot with Monterey on IntelWIFI AMD graphic card EFI which is still failing.
Background: I am using OC 0.71 (latest one following various changes recently made by Casey). My EFI is updated with HackinDROM from previous one since it is available. Both AMD GPU (with or without WIFI) EFI are working 100% fine on BIg Sur 11.5. Perfectly smooth. BIOS is F5 as recommended.

Following Casey advice I then reinstall Monterey (always on a separate HD). Had to change SecureBootModel to "disable" to successfully pass the reboot step on MacOS Install volume.
Monterey successfully install but WIFI not available. Here is what I get (screen attached).

Then I decided to create a new EFI (not an update from previous) using HackINDROM tool on another disk.
Setup EFI with AMD GPU, intelWIFI, imported my SN from existing config.
Boot is then OK but when I arrive on either Big Sur or Monterey welcome screen I can't login as my mouse is not connected. Tried different USB port and it's the same. Obviously there is an issue... and I really have no idea how to solve it.
Any idea would be appreciated ! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 16.46.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 16.46.49.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 35
Hey @CaseySJ, thought I would give you some feedback. I managed to get Bluetooth and WiFi properly working both in Big Sur and Monterey. In both OS both the network ports work at full duplex (mine is a 1Gbps line). No rebooting or freezing in Monterey. Only thing left now is to figure out the spdif output for sound. First snapshot if of 5G WiFi test and 2nd is of cable.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 12.45.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 12.44.29 PM.png

Hi again all and @CaseySJ ...
I would like to summarize my different attempts to boot with Monterey on IntelWIFI AMD graphic card EFI which is still failing.
Background: I am using OC 0.71 (latest one following various changes recently made by Casey). My EFI is updated with HackinDROM from previous one since it is available. Both AMD GPU (with or without WIFI) EFI are working 100% fine on BIg Sur 11.5. Perfectly smooth. BIOS is F5 as recommended.

Following Casey advice I then reinstall Monterey (always on a separate HD). Had to change SecureBootModel to "disable" to successfully pass the reboot step on MacOS Install volume.
Monterey successfully install but WIFI not available. Here is what I get (screen attached).

Then I decided to create a new EFI (not an update from previous) using HackINDROM tool on another disk.
Setup EFI with AMD GPU, intelWIFI, imported my SN from existing config.
Boot is then OK but when I arrive on either Big Sur or Monterey welcome screen I can't login as my mouse is not connected. Tried different USB port and it's the same. Obviously there is an issue... and I really have no idea how to solve it.
Any idea would be appreciated ! :)
I am also using CaseySJ EFI from Hackindrom and Monterey boots. Attached is what I set in my kexts. This part seems to cause issues if not done properly.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.01.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.01.50 PM.png

Thanks @suren6791

Here are mine, 100%OK on BS and not on Monterey after update OC 0.70 to 0.71 with HackINDROM.
I thought that the update means download new EFI and just copy info (SN etc.) from the machine. But it seems that it's not the case as it does not match EFI posted by Casey....
and more importantly I should get my mouse working when starting from a fresh EFI, and that's not the case...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 08.14.34.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 08.14.34.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 08.14.25.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 08.14.25.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thanks @suren6791

Here are mine, 100%OK on BS and not on Monterey after update OC 0.70 to 0.71 with HackINDROM.
I thought that the update means download new EFI and just copy info (SN etc.) from the machine. But it seems that it's not the case as it does not match EFI posted by Casey....
Try this solution for Monterey on a USB. Create a new EFI from HackinDROM and enable those SSDT as per my screenshot and the kexts as per my screenshot, also follow this below steps for network port.
Solution that worked for me:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args.

I am also using CaseySJ EFI from Hackindrom and Monterey boots. Attached is what I set in my kexts. This part seems to cause issues if not done properly.
Three comments:
  1. See where it says 0.7.2 Development Configuration in the title bar of your screenshot? You should change it to 0.7.1 Release Version from the OpenCore Configurator --> Preferences dialog.
  2. Do you see Built-in Digital Output in System Information --> Audio as shown:
    Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 6.34.59 PM.png
  3. We should keep the indicated rows enabled:
Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.01.58 PM.png

Two comments:
  1. See where it says 0.7.2 Development Configuration in the title bar of your screenshot? You should change it to 0.7.1 Release Version from the OpenCore Configurator --> Preferences dialog.
  2. We should keep the indicated rows enabled:
View attachment 524058
Thanks, I will enable those and try an boot with it.

Back