Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Need some help. I upgraded my OC to 0.9.1, and I can boot Mac OS X 13.2 with both Ethernet and wireless working. But I've found out that I cannot log into the Apple Store any longer because my Ethernet connection is en2 not en0. See System Info and IORegistry attached. There must be something wrong with my EFI, also attached. Anyone know what I've done wrong? Thanks.
We should be able to resolve this problem as follows:
  • Open Terminal
  • Type:
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • Reboot and check again

We should be able to resolve this problem as follows:
  • Open Terminal
  • Type:
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • Reboot and check again
Thanks Casey. Worked like a charm. I really appreciate your help!

The new kernel quirk has been merged into OpenCore. We should see it in 0.9.2 next month!

An early build is available from https://dortania.github.io as shown:

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 6.20.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Casey, for CMOS Reset, is it wise to use a backup of my settings for my Z490, which I have backed up? What firmware would you recommend also? I have F6. Maybe updating to F20 might fix this?

Thank you.
BIOS parameters are listed in Post 1 so it's not strictly necessary to make a backup. I usually recommend against backing up BIOS parameters because they could have been altered. So it's good to configure them again, starting with Load Optimized Defaults.

At the top of Post 1 we have this:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 9.09.31 AM.png

So it's okay to install F20.

Hey, wild question and I'm not sure which thread to post it to, but...

I've been using this build for about three years now and it works great, but time marches on. I'm thinking about following one of the Z690 threads and upgrading to Rocket Lake.

The question I have is... how much of my current build can I carry over? Can I just swap the motherboard and chip? Fresh install for everything? I'm thinking of following this build, but if I can get away with just a chip and motherboard, and not have to spend a day reinstalling everything, I'd be thrilled.

Apologies if I should have posted this in a different thread. :)

Hey, wild question and I'm not sure which thread to post it to, but...

I've been using this build for about three years now and it works great, but time marches on. I'm thinking about following one of the Z690 threads and upgrading to Rocket Lake.

The question I have is... how much of my current build can I carry over? Can I just swap the motherboard and chip? Fresh install for everything? I'm thinking of following this build, but if I can get away with just a chip and motherboard, and not have to spend a day reinstalling everything, I'd be thrilled.

Apologies if I should have posted this in a different thread. :)
If we're moving from a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D to a Gigabyte Z690 Aero G with DDR4 memory, we can in fact carry over all of these parts:
  • DDR4 memory
  • Power supply
  • Possibly even the CPU cooler, but that depends on the CPU you have now and the new CPU you plan to use; different CPUs generate different amounts of heat (TDP), so the CPU cooler must be rated to handle the new CPU
  • Everything else can be reused except of course the (a) Motherboard and (b) CPU
A fresh installation is a good idea, but not strictly necessary. On the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, we need to use product name MacPro7,1 so it would be best to generate all new serial numbers. This might cause some iCloud confusion. But we can always try it and see what happens.

I generally recommend a fresh installation with new serial numbers. Then we can either (a) manually copy all our documents, files and applications to the new system or use Migration Assistant.

I would be interested to know if everyone here is actually affected by the problem with AppleVTD and the WiFi not working, since I don't have the problem. I'm trying to figure out the differences. For example, in my system the CNVi Intel WiFi module is no longer present and I have 64GB RAM (4x16GB@3600 MHz)

For example, in my system the CNVi Intel WiFi module is no longer present and I have 64GB RAM (4x16GB@3600 MHz)
How does the ethernet work on your Z490 ? Do you have VT-D enabled ?

Back