Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Does the new drive (SN770) have an EFI partition? And the EFI folder is located in a folder called EFI in the partition called EFI?
The new drive has an EFI Partition that was named "EFI-WD_-721" and has the EFI folder with all the typical files. APPLE BOOT OC with config.plist

The new drive has an EFI Partition that was named "EFI-WD_-721" and has the EFI folder with all the typical files. APPLE BOOT OC with config.plist
Can you post a screenshot of the EFI partition in Finder, with EFI, BOOT, and OC folders expanded?

This cover what ya need ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 7.34.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 7.34.14 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
This cover what ya need ?
This looks normal.

So you can see both EFI disk icons in OpenCore boot picker, but only one macOS boot icon? The second (clone) macOS boot icon does not appear in the boot picker?

If so, please try cloning the disk again, but use the instructions here:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 4.45.54 PM.png

You are a plethora of knowledge, a scholar and a gentleman! Bam! NVMe to NVMe copy took about 7 minutes with step 11 form the mentioned article, and I'm up and running with only the new WD Black drive installed!
I spent hours reading and searching before I asked...
I would have never found that info without you!

Thanks so much!

hi all, will you recommend using iMac20,2 with the RX 6800 XT gpu and the i9 10900k and z490 Visiong G?

Have you tried the two usual remedies?
  • Reset NVRAM
  • CMOS Reset (which requires re-configuring BIOS parameters)
Casey, for CMOS Reset, is it wise to use a backup of my settings for my Z490, which I have backed up? What firmware would you recommend also? I have F6. Maybe updating to F20 might fix this?

Thank you.

I can post the OC 0.9.1 EFI folder with custom OpenCore.efi to fix the WiFi and Ethernet issue. Will do that in next day or so. Waiting for more test results to come in.
Casey,

I updated to OC 0.9.1 EFI. (I think I did it correctly but not entirely sure.) I applied your patch. My backup is macOS 13.2, and my main drive is OS 13.3. I'm booting my new EFI from a USB drive. What I see is that WiFi and Ethernet work fine at OS 13.2, but when I boot from my main drive neither WiFi or Ethernet work. I have not tried to repair the drive yet. Anyone else seen this? Have you tested 13.3? Attached my EFI folder. Thanks so much.
Rand

P.S. I booted from the OS 13.3 recovery drive. Can also report that there is no WiFi or Ethernet booting from Recovery and checked OS 13.3 with no errors.

P.P.S. I see you have a new OpenCore.efi to try for 13.3. I did not try that. Reverting back to 13.2 on my main drive as I didn't see that post (Oh well). Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
** UPDATED **
Experimental OpenCore.efi with DisableIoMapperMapping Kernel Quirk

Please refer to this post for the latest version:

Need some help. I upgraded my OC to 0.9.1, and I can boot Mac OS X 13.2 with both Ethernet and wireless working. But I've found out that I cannot log into the Apple Store any longer because my Ethernet connection is en2 not en0. See System Info and IORegistry attached. There must be something wrong with my EFI, also attached. Anyone know what I've done wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• Image 4-5-23 at 10.51 AM.jpg
    Image 4-5-23 at 10.51 AM.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Image 4-5-23 at 10.47 AM.jpg
    Image 4-5-23 at 10.47 AM.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 14
  • EFI.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 25
Back