Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hey guys.
Yesterday I had a problem. I was on Opencore 9.0 and Ventura 13.2.5 so I downloaded OCAuxiliaryTools and did the update, tested it on the pen drive before putting it on the HD, and it was perfect. But I didn't receive the update naturally. I had to enable securityboot, so I updated to Ventura 13.5.2. It installed normally for the first part, and after going to the second part it only arrived when the Apple logo was going to disappear. But then it restarted instead. So on another Mac I downloaded the file from the EFI OpenCore 0.9.3 Z390M.zip post and updated it with my data, and manually updated Opencore to 0.94

Checking the OCvalidity
I got these errors that I don't know how to resolve
Kernel->Patch[6]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
Kernel->Patch[7]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!

But I still put it on the pen-drive and booted from it, the system started, but I have no internet completely. I have the native Wi-Fi card model Fenvi = BCM_20702B0

Can anybody help me?
I just know that after this problem, I'm going to stop using Hackintosh, and I'm going to save money to buy Mac Studio. I couldn't even sleep today.

Hey guys.
Yesterday I had a problem. I was on Opencore 9.0 and Ventura 13.2.5 so I downloaded OCAuxiliaryTools and did the update, tested it on the pen drive before putting it on the HD, and it was perfect. But I didn't receive the update naturally. I had to enable securityboot, so I updated to Ventura 13.5.2. It installed normally for the first part, and after going to the second part it only arrived when the Apple logo was going to disappear. But then it restarted instead. So on another Mac I downloaded the file from the EFI OpenCore 0.9.3 Z390M.zip post and updated it with my data, and manually updated Opencore to 0.94

Checking the OCvalidity
I got these errors that I don't know how to resolve
Kernel->Patch[6]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!
Kernel->Patch[7]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!

But I still put it on the pen-drive and booted from it, the system started, but I have no internet completely. I have the native Wi-Fi card model Fenvi = BCM_20702B0

Can anybody help me?
I just know that after this problem, I'm going to stop using Hackintosh, and I'm going to save money to buy Mac Studio. I couldn't even sleep today.
@pastrychef Could you help me?

@pastrychef Could you help me?

Hi there.

The latest upgrade to Ventura has deprecated all Broadcom wireless cards except those soldered to genuine Apple motherboards.

This has happened to Sonoma public betas too.

It is a very frustrating turn of events, and independant coders are working on ways around it, but so far I don't think anyone has made headway.

It might be useful to swap back in the Intel wireless card that came with your motherboard, or re-install an earlier version of Ventura.

Not ideal, but it seems to be where we are at, at the moment.

:(

Well, that's it then. I'm going to remove the Wi-Fi card and save money to buy a Mac. sad end. thank you very much

Hi there.

The latest upgrade to Ventura has deprecated all Broadcom wireless cards except those soldered to genuine Apple motherboards.

This has happened to Sonoma public betas too.

It is a very frustrating turn of events, and independant coders are working on ways around it, but so far I don't think anyone has made headway.

It might be useful to swap back in the Intel wireless card that came with your motherboard, or re-install an earlier version of Ventura.

Not ideal, but it seems to be where we are at, at the moment.

:(

BCM943xxxxx is still working for me on Ventura 13.5.2 on my HackBook and my HP EliteDesk.

BCM943xxxxx is still working for me on Ventura 13.5.2 on my HackBook and my HP EliteDesk.
Me too - although when I look at system info it is showing BCM43xx (not 943), and I think these are the same cards (the Fenvi, that is). Hope I've not confused things further here with this comment.

Me too - although when I look at system info it is showing BCM43xx (not 943), and I think these are the same cards (the Fenvi, that is). Hope I've not confused things further here with this comment.

Yeah. Same stuff.

Me three - I updated to 13.5.2 and my Fenvi 919 is still doing Wi-Fi

Back