Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Looks like the Z390M has a newer Bios Beta, F9L. The "J" version seems to be working well for me, but I had the black screen issue with the "K" version. I'm not sure where to find the release notes for the "L" version.

Looks like the Z390M has a newer Bios Beta, F9L. The "J" version seems to be working well for me, but I had the black screen issue with the "K" version. I'm not sure where to find the release notes for the "L" version.

The only things on my wishlist for BIOS are (1) removal of the whitelist for CNVi Wi-Fi and (2) black screen after BIOS update fix.

The only things on my wishlist for BIOS are (1) removal of the whitelist for CNVi Wi-Fi and (2) black screen after BIOS update fix.

version L not fix black screen ?

Hi there! Everything working as expected now and I've learn't the Optane lesson. I know I saw something regarding the "Unknown" message for my processor but I didn't found it. Someone could help me how to change it with the proper config?

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 12.26.18 PM.png

Hi there! Everything working as expected now and I've learn't the Optane lesson. I know I saw something regarding the "Unknown" message for my processor but I didn't found it. Someone could help me how to change it with the proper config?

View attachment 488851

It's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect anything. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it or bother trying to change it. But if you want to change it, just search Google for "how to edit about this Mac".

It's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect anything. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it or bother trying to change it. But if you want to change it, just search Google for "how to edit about this Mac".

Very true. I often wonder about why though. In this case might it be because of the 2011 iMac system config? Mojave wasn't officially supported on that early a model (only Mac Pro?). My own build has a serial-number that doesn't match the system-definition, my bad but I have reasons to do with iCloud, but that doesn't cause this issue. So I wonder if it is the 2011 model?

Very true. I often wonder about why though. In this case might it be because of the 2011 iMac system config? Mojave wasn't officially supported on that early a model (only Mac Pro?). My own build has a serial-number that doesn't match the system-definition, my bad but I have reasons to do with iCloud, but that doesn't cause this issue. So I wonder if it is the 2011 model?

I didn't even notice the 2011 model... Yeah, I think that might contribute to the problem.

Thx man!!!! I installed a patch to fix problems with iCloud... Thx for the north! Probably smt was changed :crazy: I go to check it and I'll let them know what happen

I built this with a GT 710 2G video card, the install worked well, but it only boots to the usb drive, if I attempt to boot to the hard drive I get a circle with a line through it.

I have the following issues still.

• Won't boot to the hard drive properly. was error, press any key.
    • clover menu but won't boot without using usb drive I used to install from your guide.
  • Graphics are not working right.
    • Shows as the right card but metal driver not working won't play basic games.
  • sound not working​
  • Sleep is working well, will wake up.​
  • Need to test USB ports still.​

Back