Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

No monitors should be connected to the motherboard if you have a discrete video card. When IGPU is operating in "headless" mode, it means no monitors (the "head(s)" being monitors).

Download the attached USB kext and copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ to replace the old one.
No monitors are plugged to the mobo, I have one hooked on the DGPU, I have replaced the kext but still no good. :(

No monitors are plugged to the mobo, I have one hooked on the DGPU, I have replaced the kext but still no good. :(

So what's the problem with your monitor?

I don't know why your drive is not showing up. What kind of drive is it? Is it bus powered? Maybe the motherboard is not providing enough power. Do you have a powered hub?

So what's the problem with your monitor?

I don't know why your drive is not showing up. What kind of drive is it? Is it bus powered? Maybe the motherboard is not providing enough power. Do you have a powered hub?
My monitor is ok, what I meant before when talking about monitor was that the SYSTEM monitor is not showing the Igpu, as if it was not enabled even though it is enabled at the bios.

About the usb I have both a powered one and a bus powered connected right now, the bus powered blinks as if it is idle and the LaCie powered HD does not initiate as if it's not communicating, both are invisible to disk utility.

My monitor is ok, what I meant before when talking about monitor was that the SYSTEM monitor is not showing the Igpu, as if it was not enabled even though it is enabled at the bios.

About the usb I have both a powered one and a bus powered connected right now, the bus powered blinks as if it is idle and the LaCie powered HD does not initiate as if it's not communicating, both are invisible to disk utility.

Which system monitor? If you are looking in System Information > Graphics/Displays, it's not going to show up there. Even on real iMacs with discrete graphics, IGPU does not show up there.

If you want to see if IGPU is active, launch IORegistryExplorer and search for "IGPU".

I don't know why your USB drives are not working. When you look in System Information > USB, are the drives showing up? Do other USB devices work?

1593999650636.png

Activity monitor to be precise.
So the strange about the usb is that the hyperfury usb3 32gb works normally.

View attachment 479309
Activity monitor to be precise.
So the strange about the usb is that the hyperfury usb3 32gb works normally.

I don't know if IGPU is supposed to show up there when in headless mode. Use IORegistryExplorer to see if IGPU is active. Do a run of BruceX FCPX benchmark to see how long it takes to export. You'll know if IGPU is active or not immediately.

If your USB flash drive is showing up, then I have to assume USB is working. I have one of the following connected to my Z390 M Gaming and it works fine using the same USB kext that I gave you.
s-l1600.jpg

I don't know if IGPU is supposed to show up there when in headless mode. Use IORegistryExplorer to see if IGPU is active. Do a run of BruceX FCPX benchmark to see how long it takes to export. You'll know if IGPU is active or not immediately.

If your USB flash drive is showing up, then I have to assume USB is working. I have one of the following connected to my Z390 M Gaming and it works fine using the same USB kext that I gave you.
View attachment 479313
I plugged them hard drives on a powered usb hub and they showed up, as internal tho.
About the Igpu I checked IORegistryExplorer and it is there.
1594001024295.png

I plugged them hard drives on a powered usb hub and they showed up, as internal tho.
About the Igpu I checked IORegistryExplorer and it is there.View attachment 479316

I don't know why they are showing up as internal...

IGPU looks perfectly configured.

I've never noticed this.
Could it be power management?
The strangest thing that didn't happen in Mojave.
It is as if he went into sleep mode and never came back, but without having to "turn off" the system.
And to get back I have to turn off manually.

Back