Motherboard
gigabyte z390 aorus master
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
GTX 1080 ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi all I was hoping if any one could help us out my old 1080 ti ftw3 died on me the other day as I was working on my computer forcing me pretty much what I didn't want to spend to up grade to a 6900 XT that iv just got.

Could any one possibly help us out and post a working efi/opencore set up as I would need to borrow some ones laptop to sort it out, so that I can pretty much do a swap and a upgrade and updated to a new OS to get back what I need to finish asap please.

I am running a i9 9900k Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master and a Gigabyte RX 6900 XT Aorus Master (xtx) chips so it should work out of box...........

I'm not sure but i think that this was the efi i was running on my 1080 ti on High Sierra but i currently have no way of checking or editing them.

Thanks

Attachments

• backup efi.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hi all I was hoping if any one could help us out my old 1080 ti ftw3 died on me the other day as I was working on my computer forcing me pretty much what I didn't want to spend to up grade to a 6900 XT that iv just got.

Could any one possibly help us out and post a working efi/opencore set up as I would need to borrow some ones laptop to sort it out, so that I can pretty much do a swap and a upgrade and updated to a new OS to get back what I need to finish asap please.

I am running a i9 9900k Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master and a Gigabyte RX 6900 XT Aorus Master (xtx) chips so it should work out of box...........

I'm not sure but i think that this was the efi i was running on my 1080 ti on High Sierra but i currently have no way of checking or editing them.

Thanks
I know you're posting this as an urgent request but....I hope you're not telling fibs.
Curious, I had a quick look at some of your past messages on the forum and saw almost 2 years ago you had asked
exactly the same question (that a rig had died). I've built a lot of systems in my lifetime and virtually none of my rigs have died. The most was probably just a simple PSU swap and nothing more. For the GPU to fry you'd have to do a whole lot of things before it goes under - and overheating from overclocking is most likely the culprit. Is that what you have been doing? If you haven't been telling fibs then you really seriously need to look at how you've been powering or cooling the system because having two systems go within almost 2 years is some pretty serious stuff.

With that out of the way, let's look at your setup. So you're asking that we get you a Z390 Opencore EFI built just like that? First I don't have a Z300 based desktop setup on Opencore. But I do have one premade for Z490 Aorus Xtreme from last year. You are lucky that I was one of the very few who've managed to get one such setup on High Sierra. So I have taken the time to quickly put together what I think should work in a Z390 system. I have looked at your Clover EFI, and copied over your SMBIOS values and serials and noticed your UUID and ROM values are missing so you will have to find or generate those and put it in somehow either using PLIST Editor or Propertree (under PlatformInfo section only). Just note that if your UUID is not the same as the one in Clover you may have problems logging in. The EFI is below, and uses Opencore 0.6.6. I have adjusted it for your 1220-VB soundcard plus AMD RX6900 card.

Attachments

• backup efi merkle 2.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 104
I know you're posting this as an urgent request but....I hope you're not telling fibs.
Curious, I had a quick look at some of your past messages on the forum and saw almost 2 years ago you had asked
exactly the same question (that a rig had died). I've built a lot of systems in my lifetime and virtually none of my rigs have died. The most was probably just a simple PSU swap and nothing more. For the GPU to fry you'd have to do a whole lot of things before it goes under - and overheating from overclocking is most likely the culprit. Is that what you have been doing? If you haven't been telling fibs then you really seriously need to look at how you've been powering or cooling the system because having two systems go within almost 2 years is some pretty serious stuff.

With that out of the way, let's look at your setup. So you're asking that we get you a Z390 Opencore EFI built just like that? First I don't have a Z300 based desktop setup on Opencore. But I do have one premade for Z490 Aorus Xtreme from last year. You are lucky that I was one of the very few who've managed to get one such setup on High Sierra. So I have taken the time to quickly put together what I think should work in a Z390 system. I have looked at your Clover EFI, and copied over your SMBIOS values and serials and noticed your UUID and ROM values are missing so you will have to find or generate those and put it in somehow either using PLIST Editor or Propertree (under PlatformInfo section only). Just note that if your UUID is not the same as the one in Clover you may have problems logging in. The EFI is below, and uses Opencore 0.6.6. I have adjusted it for your 1220-VB soundcard plus AMD RX6900 card.
Hi thanks for your help around 2 years ago my MB did die since every other thing i tested did still work, im the kinda guy that runs off 2nd hand/hand me downs HW for pretty much all of my riggs in the past.

Around 2 years ago is when i upgraded to my current system Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master (new) i did have a 9700k but took that out for a 2nd hand 9900k keeping my 1080 ti which i got when the card pretty much 1st came out and has limited me to High Sierra but since the 6900 is only supported by Big Sur and Monterey i have to up date my OS as well, the card boots but dies when its working hard ie rendering or running test like unigine heaven ect and its like it when i tested the card on 2 of my friends PC's, from what iv seen online it seems to be a known thing with that card coverd by JayzTwoCents with some thing like the thermal pads need re padding that may or may not fix the problem, so that the extent of my HW.

I was more expecting some 1 with a Gigabyte z390 similar kinda setup to post some thing that they had with minimum fuss and effort that have posted previously on this topic before, not an other person with a whole different setup seeming to be going out of their way "you're asking that we get you a Z390 Opencore EFI built just like that?" not that ever before that thats been a big deal well no i was not.

Since i only know a few people with mac laptops and dont have easy 24/7 access to them when ever i need to get back up and running asap hands down thanks for the help i will give it ago thanks

Hi thanks for your help around 2 years ago my MB did die since every other thing i tested did still work, im the kinda guy that runs off 2nd hand/hand me downs HW for pretty much all of my riggs in the past.

Around 2 years ago is when i upgraded to my current system Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master (new) i did have a 9700k but took that out for a 2nd hand 9900k keeping my 1080 ti which i got when the card pretty much 1st came out and has limited me to High Sierra but since the 6900 is only supported by Big Sur and Monterey i have to up date my OS as well, the card boots but dies when its working hard ie rendering or running test like unigine heaven ect and its like it when i tested the card on 2 of my friends PC's, from what iv seen online it seems to be a known thing with that card coverd by JayzTwoCents with some thing like the thermal pads need re padding that may or may not fix the problem, so that the extent of my HW.

I was more expecting some 1 with a Gigabyte z390 similar kinda setup to post some thing that they had with minimum fuss and effort that have posted previously on this topic before, not an other person with a whole different setup seeming to be going out of their way "you're asking that we get you a Z390 Opencore EFI built just like that?" not that ever before that thats been a big deal well no i was not.

Since i only know a few people with mac laptops and dont have easy 24/7 access to them when ever i need to get back up and running asap hands down thanks for the help i will give it ago thanks

Hi there. I have given you your own new thread for this issue. It was off-topic in its original location. :thumbup:

@Middleman was very kind to go to the trouble of building you a test EFI and uploading it. (Thank-you:thumbup:).

There are Z390 Aorus Master and Pro builds in the User Builds forum. Go check them out. I found one with an i9-9900k CPU and different AMD GPU.

It's unlikely you will find an EFI for a build exactly like yours. That's why we all offer support to help get people up and running. It's not a EFI library as such. Close-to is usually a good starting point.

If you don't have access to another Hack or Mac, editing files can be tricky. There are Windows configuration guides here with suggestions of the tools to use. Search is always your friend here.

:)

Hi there. I have given you your own new thread for this issue. It was off-topic in its original location. :thumbup:

@Middleman was very kind to go to the trouble of building you a test EFI and uploading it. (Thank-you:thumbup:).

There are Z390 Aorus Master and Pro builds in the User Builds forum. Go check them out. I found one with an i9-9900k CPU and different AMD GPU.

It's unlikely you will find an EFI for a build exactly like yours. That's why we all offer support to help get people up and running. It's not a EFI library as such. Close-to is usually a good starting point.

If you don't have access to another Hack or Mac, editing files can be tricky. There are Windows configuration guides here with suggestions of the tools to use. Search is always your friend here.

:)
Thanks Utterdisbelief! Much appreciated :thumbup:

Thanks Utterdisbelief! Much appreciated :thumbup:
Hi @Middleman i gave your efi setting you kindly posted a quick go this morning and manage to copy them to the Monterey installer, it boots to the loader menu but when i go in install it the system just reboots or some times just loads back up to windows. I also tried to use the original efi folder i posted loading the latest Lilu and whatevergreen to the kext folder and used that it loads in a bit more in a why that the pre boot text loads up but then just stops before fully loading in to the installer, i will have to try and get my hands on a mac laptop to look at or try editing the settings thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Hi @Middleman i gave your efi setting you kindly posted a quick go this morning and manage to copy them to the Monterey installer, it boots to the loader menu but when i go in install it the system just reboots or some times just loads back up to windows. I also tried to use the original efi folder i posted loading the latest Lilu and whatevergreen to the kext folder and used that it loads in a bit more in a why that the pre boot text loads up but then just stops before fully loading in to the installer, i will have to try and get my hands on a mac laptop to look at or try editing the settings thanks again for your help.
Alright. Well there are a couple of things you have to do.

The setting I’ve got prepped for you on the EFI were to boot High Sierra. If you want to boot Monterey 12.3 you’ll have to make the following changes:

1) Disable XHCIPortLimit and enable AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
2) Update to Opencore 0.7.8
3) Enable PlatformInfo > Advise Windows
4) Enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo
5) Enable DisableRTCChecksum
6) Enable a custom USBMap.kext and turn off USBInjectall.kext (preferably)
7) Add the following SSDTs:
SSDT-AWAC.aml
SSDT-HPET.aml
SBUS-MCHC.aml
SSDT-USBW.aml
8) May also need to enable AppleXcpmCfgLock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back